PDA

View Full Version : 3m wireless worktunes with bluetooth

Roger Feeley
12-05-2017, 9:46 PM
Does anyone have a pair. Im interested In these things but I can’t seem to find anything on the only feature that would interest me.

Suppose you you have successfully paired the worktunes with your phone.
suppose you are using the worktunes in fm mode.
i want to know what happens when there’s an incoming call.

i get that you won’t be able to talk or listen to the call. All I really want is to hear the ringtone through the headphones.

Lee Ludden
12-06-2017, 12:56 PM
I will try it with my pair tonight and let you know. I hate commercials so only listen to music I stream from my phone.

Roger Feeley
12-06-2017, 1:25 PM
Thanks. I’m an npr man myself. I turn WAMU here in the Dc area.

Bruce Wrenn
12-06-2017, 8:49 PM
Can't tell you anything about bluetooth. I use mine with a Scosche FM transmitter (about $15, from Walmart, in the automotive dept) to transmit You Tube music from computer. Play both shop radio, and Worktunes at same time. This way, when I'm running tools, ear protection is in place, and so is the music. As for range, with transmitter hanging in first floor window, I can hear music at mailbox, which is 800' away.

Lee Ludden
12-13-2017, 11:03 PM
Does anyone have a pair. Im interested In these things but I can’t seem to find anything on the only feature that would interest me.
i get that you won’t be able to talk or listen to the call. All I really want is to hear the ringtone through the headphones.

With mine, when I am paired with my phone and it is in range, it mutes the sound playing during an incoming call regardless of what mode the headset is in (AM/FM/Bluetooth), so you should then be able to hear the ringer.

Roger Feeley
12-14-2017, 7:50 AM
With mine, when I am paired with my phone and it is in range, it mutes the sound playing during an incoming call regardless of what mode the headset is in (AM/FM/Bluetooth), so you should then be able to hear the ringer.

thanks, Lee,
thats just the information I needed. The behavior isn’t ideal but it should be serviceable. If the fm radio suddenly goes silent, I check my phone. Got it

Matt Meiser
12-14-2017, 8:13 AM
Instead of FM you could probably stream NPR. Every bluetooth speaker/headphone/car I've used lowers the volume of whatever is playing through bluetooth and plays the ringtone on an incoming call. As a bonus you won't get static. Your station of choice has a few iOS app options listed for listening. http://help.wamu.org/customer/en/portal/articles/2560841-ways-to-listen

Ken Fitzgerald
12-14-2017, 1:43 PM
With my bionic hearing, I don't have the unexpected good effects of the mechanical inefficiencies of the 3 bones in the middle ear to reduce sounds reflected off of hard surfaces resulting in echoes or reverberation. My Bose wireless head phones I wear on airline flights to reduce jet engine noise while they allow me to hear overhead announcements. I haven't used them in the shop. Some of the better wireless noise reducing headphones will allow reduce repetitive sounds while allowing you to hear surrounding intermittent sounds.

I have some wireless Sennheiser headphones with a proprietary Bluetooth for which I connect the base station to my stereo system or cell phone in the shop. I can listen to music while working.