PDA

View Full Version : A Different TS Extension

Al Launier
12-05-2017, 1:06 PM
My shop is limited in space so I have everything on casters to park them out of the way when using other equipment. The TS takes up the most space & I have to park it against the storage shelves on one side. I've longed for a TS saw extension, but that would have taken up too much space. Yesterday, thinking more about this I came up with the idea of a multi-folding extension. This works better than expected & minimizes the extra space it takes up. The hinges used to mount the extension to the TS were ones I picked up (where ? - don't remember) about 40-50 years ago and never had a good application for them. I finally did! The pictures speak for themselves.

Dan Hulbert
12-05-2017, 1:35 PM
great solution. I thought I was the only one with 40 year old unused hardware.

william walton
12-05-2017, 2:38 PM
Great solution; I've got the same problem and have looked at every runout table on the web by now. I got a new Grizzly in August and still haven't finished setting it up right. Making do with shared space in a garage forces you to be creative.

Jim Becker
12-05-2017, 7:37 PM
That's a great "variation on the theme", particularly for a contractors' style saw that has the motor hanging off the back like that. Great job!

Al Launier
12-06-2017, 9:53 AM
Thanks guys, appreciate the comments.