PDA

View Full Version : This is obscene

lowell holmes
12-05-2017, 10:37 AM
I am just back from a Hurricane Harvey absence. I mentioned this in an earlier post.
I am on the computer and went to the Lee Valley site. I have several tools from them.

The new online catalog is obscene. There are too many toys in it that I have to have.

Oh well!

Jim Koepke
12-05-2017, 11:50 AM
The trick is to read it in bed as you are falling asleep. That way it all seems like a dream until the next night.

jtk

- sweet dreams

David Eisenhauer
12-05-2017, 12:46 PM
Glad to hear from you Lowell, I wondered if Harvey caused issues even if the water did not rise enough to get to your place. Dreams are what keep us going and the Lee Valley dreams are as good or better than many, many others. Go for it.

Todd Stock
12-05-2017, 12:58 PM
It appears to be a well-accepted piece of medical research that frequent access to certain types of explicit, adult-oriented material produces permanent, detrimental effects on brain chemistry and adversely impacts related behaviors. I have to wonder what insidious physiological and psychological changes have been wrought by 35-40 years of full color glossy catalogs and flyers from Garrett Wade, Woodcraft, Bridge City Tools, Lee Valley, and the other purveyors of tool smut?

David Eisenhauer
12-05-2017, 1:15 PM
Todd - Should be worth a government grant for research in my opinion.

Patrick Chase
12-05-2017, 1:26 PM
It appears to be a well-accepted piece of medical research that frequent access to certain types of explicit, adult-oriented material produces permanent, detrimental effects on brain chemistry and adversely impacts related behaviors. I have to wonder what insidious physiological and psychological changes have been wrought by 35-40 years of full color glossy catalogs and flyers from Garrett Wade, Woodcraft, Bridge City Tools, Lee Valley, and the other purveyors of tool smut?

I find that real, imperfect tools no longer get me excited.

lowell holmes
12-05-2017, 2:13 PM
Actually, we had 33" of water in our house. My oldest son is a contractor in the area. Guess whose house was the first to be renovated?

Rob Luter
12-05-2017, 5:22 PM
I like obscene, as long as it's done tastefully. :D