PDA

View Full Version : Unknown Type Of Wood

Dick Parr
11-05-2005, 8:04 PM
Not sure what type of wood this is? I forgot to mark it when I pilled it up with other types of wood.:o I could be Elm.

It is 11-3/4" x 3-1/2" x 3/8" and finished with Watco. Will buff it out next week.

Thanks for looking.

John Hart
11-06-2005, 6:18 AM
Nice Form Dick! It does sorta look like elm...can't really tell. But it's a very nice piece nonetheless. You should post again after buffing. I'd like to see the before and after shots.:)

Jerry Clark
11-06-2005, 8:25 AM
Nice bowl-- kinda looks like ash-:rolleyes: - great form and good size!:D

Mark Cothren
11-06-2005, 8:28 AM
It doesn't look like the Elm I have, but that doesn't mean much of anything.

Whatever it is it looks good to me. I also like your bowl. Like John, would like to see it again when you're all done with it.

Thanks for the picture!

Mark Singer
11-06-2005, 8:28 AM
If I know my ash from a hole in the ground....I would say ash....or it might be shlamaca....probably ash

Bill Stevener
11-06-2005, 10:52 AM
Good morning Dick,
Very nice looking bowl. I will not venture to take a guess as to the wood. However, I have posted this page in the past, as it is the best source for identifying wood that I keep earmarked. Some folks may have missed it, so when a wood identification question comes up, it may well be worth posting from time to time. At times works for me, none the less, worth a look.
Hope it helps, Bill.>>>>>>>>:)

http://www.hobbithouseinc.com/personal/woodpics/indextotal.htm

Jim Ketron
11-06-2005, 2:38 PM
Nice Bowl Dick!
That looks a lot like Cherry to me, hard to tell just going by pics on this one.

Andy Hoyt
11-06-2005, 3:08 PM
Dick - Looks like woodwood to me.:cool:

Kurt Aebi
11-07-2005, 9:20 AM
Another fine piece, Dick!

Looks like Ash to me, but what do I know??:rolleyes:

You are rally giving that DVR a proper workout, aren't you?? ;)

Great!!!!!!!!!!

John Hart
11-07-2005, 9:23 AM
If I know my ash from a hole in the ground....I would say ash....or it might be shlamaca....probably ash

Ashen Shlamacan Cherry? Peruvian. Very rare. :rolleyes: