PDA

View Full Version : Chicken WYNGZ

Stephen Tashiro
12-03-2017, 8:01 PM
Anyone like chicken WYNGZ?

I notice serveral brands of chicken "Wyngz" for sale in local grocery stores. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wyngz ). The ones I've tried are terrible. They are coated with a sauce that would go well with real chicken wings, but it doesn't go well with white meat.

Mike Trent
12-03-2017, 9:41 PM
Stephen,

Based on the description on Wikipedia, I’ll take a pass.

I grill my wings until fully cooked, remove and toss them in a bowl of hot sauce (my son likes them deadly spicy) then return the wings to the grill to dry them a bit via indirect heat. Yum.

Thanks for the warning!
Mike

Jim Koepke
12-04-2017, 2:43 AM
"Parts is parts"

And there is no part of Wyngz that is going to be on my menu.

jtk

Mike Chance in Iowa
12-04-2017, 1:57 PM
So in other words, it's a chicken nugget made with white chicken meat? It has been my understanding that chicken wings are considered white meat because they have less fat compared to dark thigh meat.

Curt Harms
12-04-2017, 4:10 PM
I'm not sure wings would be considered low fat though they may be. Isn't it recommended to remove the skin from chicken if you want low fat? I'd think skin makes up a significant portion of wings.

Stephen Tashiro
12-06-2017, 12:16 AM
So in other words, it's a chicken nugget made with white chicken meat?
I don't know. I don't eat chicken (Mc)nuggets. Do they have a breaded coating? The chicken Wyngz don't.

Marc Jeske
12-06-2017, 11:51 PM
I am a Wing lover,preferring the center 2 bone section... thighs second, breast fillet meat last..really not even for free.. for myself anyway.

Missus prefers the breast meat.

I will say though, we both really like Chick Fil-A.

When my Grandma was around, wings, backs, and necks were like 19 cents/ lb. while breast was the most expensive part of the chicken.

Then the whole buffalo and super bowl and appetizers at like TGI Friday et al, wings phenomenon grew through the years.

So for ..what.. 20 yrs now ? ...supply/ demand has turned chickens upside down.

Came home from shopping tonight, typical chicken prices here - Thighs - $1.00 ...Whole breasts w back portion- $1.39.... Full 3 joint Wings - $2.89.

Grandma would be spinning.

The producers are posturing to use less demanded (nowadays) white meat and marketing these so called Wyngz to non wing afficionados, children, and the "neat eater" types.

I rarely buy them anymore due to price, but stock freezer when $2 or less.

No real Wing lover would ever prefer wyngz.

Night and day no similarity whatsoever other than general smallish size.

Supply and demand like anything else.

What with the growing demand last few decades, whoever figures out how to grow 4 winged chickens will make billions.

Sheeple will do as told, evidence Marlboro @ like $6 +/ pack, Bud Light yellow water "beer", and now.. presenting......... Wyngz !!

Did I mention I really get irritated about the whole wyngz thing ?

Marc

Art Mann
12-07-2017, 11:24 AM
My wife brought some of these things home several months ago. I ate them once. That is enough for one lifetime.

Myk Rian
12-07-2017, 2:41 PM
Are those WYNGZ any different than the City Chicken drumsticks on a stick we've been eating for decades?