PDA

View Full Version : What kind of air fitting is this on my Epilog Legend 32?

Andrew Stow
12-03-2017, 7:30 PM
I've tried searching on the forum here and it sort of sounds like the fitting people have on their Zings and Minis. But there's no spring-loaded collar on it like I've seen in the descriptions.

I noticed what looks like "fingers" inside it. After reading here about epilog attachments meant to just have a 1/4" OD hose just shoved right into them, I carefully tested this with a #12 drill bit (.228") Felt like the little fingers were springloaded. But it sure didn't feel like it would be very secure with 30 psi trying to push it out.

Anyways, my machine is an Epilog Legend 32 circa 2000 or 2001. Here's some pics of the air attachment:

I've got a decently sized shop air compressor. I'm just not sure how to securely attach an air line to this. I don't think I've ever seen this type of fitting before.

Any help or advice ya'll could provide would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Honestly, I thought I'd never need to use the air attachment option on it. But I tried doing some rubber stamps the other day and in order to get a decent depth, I had to run at full power and pretty slow... which resulted in a great deal of flareup. Especially in vector mode to cut the stamp out from the sheet.

Gary Hair
12-03-2017, 8:05 PM
That’s actually a very common fitting and is called a push to connect fitting. They don’t seem as strong as they are, I think they are rated at 125 psi.

Google “push connect air fittings” and you’ll get all the info you could ever want about them.

Adam Herman
12-03-2017, 8:16 PM
it will have a hard time griping a solid object. shove the 1/4 plastic hose in there and call it a day. same connections on my oilfield equipment that run straight to the compressor on the engine.

Andrew Stow
12-03-2017, 8:42 PM
That’s actually a very common fitting and is called a push to connect fitting. They don’t seem as strong as they are, I think they are rated at 125 psi.

Google “push connect air fittings” and you’ll get all the info you could ever want about them.

Sweet, thanks. :)

Joe Pelonio
12-04-2017, 6:39 PM
Normally I run 25 lbs on mine, but go up to 40 psi to cut ABS and it’s never popped off.