PDA

View Full Version : EZCAD2 Rotary Settings to Perform Multiple Passes

John Kleiber
12-03-2017, 10:28 AM
Is there a setting in EZCAD 2 to perform multiple passes, aka Loop Count on a single part while in rotary mode?

John Lifer
12-03-2017, 12:06 PM
The only thing I've seen would be your initial pen settings for loops. but this would not really be same as multiple passes in the hatch settings. Probably would have to manually restart, which I've done and has worked.

Kev Williams
12-03-2017, 2:18 PM
================

John Kleiber
12-03-2017, 3:19 PM
Thanks Kev.

Why don't the programmers use consistent terminology? I would of thought Loop Count would of been more appropriate.

John Kleiber
12-03-2017, 4:56 PM
I can set the "Total num" field to the number of passes I want, however "Part" has to be "R" reset to ZERO or it will start single passes again. In short, I can't stand at the laser and feed parts and hit foot peddle etc.

Kev Williams
12-04-2017, 1:05 AM
In your F3 parameters (main screen), is your "auto reset mark count" checked? If not try that.
As for loop counts, that might work better for what you're doing. they're fine if you're only single hatching and not X-hatching. IMO if your deep engraving and do a 25 loop run, what it does is 25 of the same hatch angle before starting the next hatch angle. Seems counterproductive to me to hack away half in one direction then having the other direction play catch-up. I don't like the cut results. Running a repeat 25 times does the whole hatch sequence 25 times, so every other cut changes direction, makes the bottom smoother.

Most times I just set one hatch, then use auto-rotate. For many-pass deep engraving I'll rotate 13°, then it never engraves over the same lines twice...the bottom of the engraving ends up very smooth.

When doing multi-passes with the rotary, remember that it will run ALL multiples passes within each split, as in, if you deep engrave "TEST" to repeat 25 times, it will engrave the T 25 times, then the E 25 times, etc... The rotary won't engrave a full rotation then start over 25 times...at least, mine doesn't

John Kleiber
12-04-2017, 1:33 PM
Yep, sure enough "auto reset mark was not checked". You saved me 3 steps to the computer and back, times 648 stainless wine cups for a total of 3888 steps. :)