PDA

View Full Version : Aging pressure treated pine??

Lynn Sonier
11-05-2005, 2:54 PM
I need to age some pressure treated pine so it will match with some items I built a couple of years ago. It is for a St. Jude shrine and, although it is not in direct sunshine, it is exposed to the weather. Can anyone direct me here?

Scott Donley
11-05-2005, 5:33 PM
Hi, don't know if this will help, but you might drain cleaner. Check here (http://www.briwax-trg.com/aging%20pine.htm)

Rob Bourgeois
11-05-2005, 9:50 PM
I tried the rust vinegar trick on the presure treated fence boards and it looked like rusty wood instead of the grey I normally would get with pine. Good luck let us know if you get anything to work.

Carl Eyman
11-06-2005, 8:12 AM
Rob: I have a Dixie beer in my refrigerator. Obviously bougt before the big blow. I wonder if it will ever become a collector's item. Should I give it to Lynn to see if ir ages his pime? I notice over the years Dixie Beer has aged me.

Lynn Sonier
11-06-2005, 9:03 AM
I will be experimenting today. Carl, at about 11 o'clock, I will be ready for the Dixie.
Carl and I knew an old gentleman who built a small sail boat. He sat down with a beer and a can of paint to name the boat. He couldn't think of anything better so he named it "Dixie".

Thank all of you for the responses.