PDA

View Full Version : Tis the Season 2017

Steve Schlumpf
12-01-2017, 12:23 AM
Hard to believe but this makes the 10th year I’ve decorated my lathe for the Holidays! I figure if it makes even one person smile – it was worth the effort! :D :D :D I also think we could have some fun with this - just add a photo to this thread showing how you decorate your lathe!

Each year I try to think of something new to say but believe that one message is well worth repeating. That message is simple, that while we all share a love of woodturning, we are a diverse group and have many different ways of celebrating the Holidays. Personally, this time of year makes me extremely thankful for many things but especially for my loving family and all my friends here and throughout the woodturning community!

So, in keeping with the spirit of this newly arrived Holiday Season ……. from my shop to yours …..

:D Have a wonderful - and SAFE - Holiday Season! :D

HBM

kevin nee
12-01-2017, 4:20 AM
This makes me smile every year. JOY!

Roger Chandler
12-01-2017, 7:32 AM
Always look forward to Steve’s “lighting of the Lathe!” It’s almost like the President, when he & the first Lady light the White House Christmas Tree, just not covered on national TV, but it should be! Maybe we members could get a film crew to Steve’s place and record the video! :D An event this momentous, and as meaningful to the “Creeker” family, ought not go without a parade and some holiday cheer. I want to see all his decorations filmed, then put on fast speed, and the video posted here......that would bring lots of smiles!

Merry Christmas season, Steve.....how about some projects from that creative and skilled mind of yours? We do miss seeing something from you every so often! Wouldn’t want that Beauty to get lonesome, especially during the holiday season! :)

Ken Fitzgerald
12-01-2017, 9:28 AM
Happy Holidays Steve!

Robert Henrickson
12-01-2017, 9:31 AM
The holidays have officially begun!

John K Jordan
12-01-2017, 9:31 AM
Thanks for that, Steve, made me smile! Beautiful! But don't all those lights get covered with dust and chips? :)

Hey, is it just me when I squint a bit or does this look a like a big happy Christmas shop dog? The darker headstock under the lights shows the head, snout, and ears, a raised tail at the right, and legs bringing the Christmas pup to attention. (Maybe this was intended and I just missed it!) A wonderful dog - feed it wood, clean up shavings.

Your words are inspiring. All of us have so much to be thankful for.

I like to celebrate Christmas on the farm by decorating the inside of the critter's feed bowls with a little something extra. :)

JKJ

Robert Henrickson
12-01-2017, 9:34 AM
I forwarded the photo to my daughter -- she also mentioned the 'shop dog' look. I told it was more like a pony, at least for size. I've added the photo to my collection of your previous ones.

Alan Trout
12-01-2017, 9:52 AM
Merry Christmas Steve and to all involved in the turning world.

Steve Schlumpf
12-01-2017, 10:30 AM
Thanks for all the comments everyone - much appreciated! I see the shop dog that everyone notes but Colleen has been after me for years to add antlers to the headstock and call it a reindeer! Maybe next time... :D