PDA

View Full Version : Friendly Reminder: Make sure you remember shipping times may be delayed

Ross Moshinsky
11-29-2017, 7:46 AM
Tis the season. UPS/FedEX drivers are staying out late and package volume is way up during this time of the year. Just because something gets put on the truck at 3PM does not mean it will make it out for shipment that day. The driver may not make it back to the hub until 7PM or later and these hubs are really jammed up. They also prioritize certain customers (like Amazon and big warehouse companies).

So far this week I've had 2 of 3 packages I've shipped not make it to their destination on time. 1 was an 8AM overnight shipment that didn't arrive until 4:15PM. The other is a standard ground package that simply didn't make it on the truck.

Gary Hair
11-29-2017, 8:59 AM
Tis the season. UPS/FedEX drivers are staying out late and package volume is way up during this time of the year. Just because something gets put on the truck at 3PM does not mean it will make it out for shipment that day. The driver may not make it back to the hub until 7PM or later and these hubs are really jammed up. They also prioritize certain customers (like Amazon and big warehouse companies).

So far this week I've had 2 of 3 packages I've shipped not make it to their destination on time. 1 was an 8AM overnight shipment that didn't arrive until 4:15PM. The other is a standard ground package that simply didn't make it on the truck.

Especially true with the shift going to online purchasing instead of brick and mortar.

Matt McCoy
11-29-2017, 9:40 AM
Especially true with the shift going to online purchasing instead of brick and mortar.

Interestingly, e-commerce is still less than 10% of all U.S. retail sales, and most of that is Amazon. All but one (guess) of the top retailers are brick and morter.

Mike Null
11-29-2017, 12:21 PM
UPS delivered at 8 pm last night.

Jeff Body
11-29-2017, 1:22 PM
UPS delivered at 8 pm last night.

I've had them drop off a package at 10:15 at night once.