PDA

View Full Version : Visit from a Saint today

John K Jordan
11-24-2017, 1:47 PM
St. Leger, that is.

A sunny day at the farm, Mark brought his three daughters and their beautiful families to see the llamas, alpacas, peacocks, beehives, etc. etc. Mark sure has some wonderful grandkids!

We peeked in the shop but didn't have time to play this visit.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=372152&d=1511548955

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=372151&d=1511548955

Mark is holding his piece of ebony. I use ebony to bribe woodturners to visit.

JKJ

Mike Trent
11-24-2017, 2:06 PM
What a great looking bunch!

I did a double take when I saw the llamas. Initially saw two heads but only one body, and thought I was seeing a PushMePullYou from Dr. Doolittle...

Dennis Peacock
11-24-2017, 2:16 PM
Hey John,
Your shop is way too clean!! You need a nice big pile of lathe curlies in there hanging all over everything. :rolleyes: :p :D

Bill Boehme
11-24-2017, 4:02 PM
What a great looking bunch!

I did a double take when I saw the llamas. Initially saw two heads but only one body, and thought I was seeing a PushMePullYou from Dr. Doolittle...

I had exactly the same thought. :D

Tony De Masi
11-24-2017, 5:58 PM
Mark is a great teacher but a better person. Looks like nice visit.

John K Jordan
11-24-2017, 6:32 PM

I noticed that! It was a good picture of Mark though.

One interesting thing: Angel is the llama in the front. Sophia in the back is actually an alpaca. I'd have to name it Miss Chimera. :)

JKJ

Bill Boehme
11-24-2017, 6:40 PM
I don't suppose that you have one named Dolly. :D

John K Jordan
11-24-2017, 6:54 PM
I don't suppose that you have one named Dolly. :D

No but I have one named Bubinga.

Years ago a woman who brought her son for a custom magic wand was looking though some wood and when I told her one piece was Bubinga she said that sounded like a great name for a llama. It has a nice ring to it. Come to think of it, a woman who brought her granddaughter here just this afternoon for a custom wand loved the name - she said in the sun his coat even looked kind of like the Bubinga wand I showed them.

JKJ

Jim Becker
11-24-2017, 7:46 PM
I believe I've met Mark at some point; perhaps at a symposium years ago. 'Glad you had a great visit!

John K Jordan
11-24-2017, 8:40 PM
I believe I've met Mark at some point; perhaps at a symposium years ago. 'Glad you had a great visit!

Mark has a great sense of humor, calm and quiet (opposite of me), excellent turner. One of his daughters lives near us and since all of the daughters and families and Mark had converged for Thanksgiving it was the perfect opportunity for a family farm outing. Good clean fun. :)

Len Mullin
11-25-2017, 4:33 PM
John, I love that last picture, it looks as if the little one is comparing the color of her hair against the llama's.
Len

John K Jordan
11-25-2017, 5:49 PM
John, I love that last picture, it looks as if the little one is comparing the color of her hair against the llama's.
Len

That's one of my favorites too - the little neighbor girl was so excited! Llamas are incredibly gentle around kids.

Don't get me started, I have many, many photos of kids with our animals. Oops, too late, somebody stop me... :eek:

372221 372222 372224 372232
372228 372231 372223 372233

The little girl in the last picture was a special visitor - she has been blind since birth and has a form of cerebral palsy but can walk a little with a cane (and some help). She had never been close to animals like this and never touched a horse. She was instantly in love - wanted to take it home! Then after petting the alpaca she wanted to take IT home... :)

JKJ

Mike Trent
11-25-2017, 6:19 PM
John, YOU are a saint.

Love the pix — keep ‘em coming!