PDA

View Full Version : Woodstove Install now complete - Pic

Dennis Peacock
11-04-2005, 2:47 PM
The installation was done nicely and quickly by a local installer. This is an Earthstove Stove and is soapstone. The install was very well done and I'm really happy with the installation and the guys that did the work. Anyway, here is a few shots of the final installation.

Scott Donley
11-04-2005, 3:01 PM
Just think, now instead of mistakes, you can just say your making more firewood :) Nice looking hearth and stove, good job !

Steve Clardy
11-04-2005, 3:20 PM
Glad you got it hashed out Dennis.
Now. Sharpen chain. Off to the forest you go. Take trailer, all the siblings, cut wood. Take a pot of baked beans, with mini saugage's, a whole lot of diced onions, built camp fire, and enjoy your weekend cutting wood and eating!!

Frank Pellow
11-04-2005, 4:37 PM
Looks good Dennis! Is the stove in your shop?

Reminds me that in a couple of weeks I should be able to to turn my attention to projects in my shop and to crank up the woodstove there again. I miss relaxing in front of my stove as a reward after doing some good (or even mediocre) work on a project.

Andrew Ault
11-04-2005, 4:52 PM
Nice. Nothing better than a good tight woodstove keeping the house warm!

- Andy

Andy Hoyt
11-04-2005, 5:17 PM
You that that was tough? Don't forget the next steps.

Cut Split Stack Haul Burn Haul Burn Haul Burn Haul Burn Clean ashes Haul Burn Haul Burn Haul Burn Haul Burn Clean ashes Haul Burn Haul Burn Haul Burn Haul Burn Clean ashes Haul Burn Haul Burn Haul Burn Haul Burn Clean ashes Haul Burn Haul Burn Haul Burn Haul Burn Clean ashes Haul Burn Haul Burn Haul Burn Haul Burn Clean ashes Split Stack Haul Burn Haul Burn Haul Burn Haul Burn Clean ashes Split Stack Haul Burn Haul Burn Haul Burn Burn Haul Burn Haul Burn Haul Burn Clean ashes Haul Burn Haul Burn Haul Burn Haul Burn Clean ashes Haul Burn Haul Burn Haul Burn Haul Burn Clean ashes Haul Burn Haul Burn Haul Burn Haul Burn Clean ashes Haul Burn Haul Burn Haul Burn Haul Burn Clean ashes Split Stack Haul Burn Haul Burn Haul Burn Haul Burn Clean ashes Split Stack Haul Burn Haul Burn Haul Burn

Repeat every three days

Ahh! The smell of woodsmoke and Ben Gay!

Jim Hager
11-04-2005, 6:07 PM
Now at least you can get two heatins out of your firewood. Cuttin wood is hard work and often breaks a sweat even in cool weather. The next heatin is when you burn it.

Nice install. I like the looks of that stove too. Too bad it is warm in Ark today and you probably won't be able to fire it up this evening.

I'm kinda like Andy don't forget all the work a wood stove is. I've got at least a truck load of white oak and red oak blocks laying on the place needin to be split and hauled. If you want em come and get em. The price gas is though it would be a little far for that.I've got more firewood in the shed than I'll burn in the next 4-5 years. The cleaning up of the place after we bought it yeilded a huge amount of firewood plus the ice storm took down several trees. You remember the ice storm don't you?:(

John Miliunas
11-04-2005, 7:57 PM
Certainly looks to be a nice stove and clean install! That should keep you comfy-cozy!:)

Andy, you're a riot!!! If you ever get bored doing your "normal" job, you could easily hit the road doing night clubs!:D :cool:

Andy Hoyt
11-04-2005, 8:24 PM
Certainly looks to be a nice stove and clean install! That should keep you comfy-cozy!:)

Andy, you're a riot!!! If you ever get bored doing your "normal" job, you could easily hit the road doing night clubs!:D :cool:

John, I did get bored doing my "normal job" Burn haul burn haul etc. But that was in the old house (built in 1797) - twelve cords per year. The insulation was so good that you could sit in the parlor and hear the electric meter whirr outside. :eek:

But this new house (built in 1905) has this new fangled central heat thingie which is really cool. Flick a switch, grab a beer and watch football.:p

But those twelve cords were free each year off the family farm. Of course free meant every freaking spare moment was cut split stack haul etc etc

And with this central heat thingie all I gotta do is work my tail off every freaking spare moment to pay the sheiks at the local oil depot.

Life should be so good.

Mike Cutler
11-04-2005, 9:07 PM
You that that was tough? Don't forget the next steps.

Cut Split Stack Haul Burn Haul Burn Haul Burn Haul Burn Clean ashes Haul Burn Haul Burn Haul Burn Haul Burn Clean ashes Haul Burn Haul Burn Haul Burn Haul Burn Clean ashes Haul Burn Haul Burn Haul Burn Haul Burn Clean ashes Haul Burn Haul Burn Haul Burn Haul Burn Clean ashes Haul Burn Haul Burn Haul Burn Haul Burn Clean ashes Split Stack Haul Burn Haul Burn Haul Burn Haul Burn Clean ashes Split Stack Haul Burn Haul Burn Haul Burn Burn Haul Burn Haul Burn Haul Burn Clean ashes Haul Burn Haul Burn Haul Burn Haul Burn Clean ashes Haul Burn Haul Burn Haul Burn Haul Burn Clean ashes Haul Burn Haul Burn Haul Burn Haul Burn Clean ashes Haul Burn Haul Burn Haul Burn Haul Burn Clean ashes Split Stack Haul Burn Haul Burn Haul Burn Haul Burn Clean ashes Split Stack Haul Burn Haul Burn Haul Burn

Repeat every three days

Ahh! The smell of woodsmoke and Ben Gay!

ROTFL:p :D You're killin' me here neighbor'. For me it's every day up and down the cellar stairs.

Dennis. That's a nice stove and the installation looks great. I don't know how cold it gets down your way , but that stove looks to be able to handle it.

Dennis Peacock
11-04-2005, 9:22 PM
Andy,
You're a true riot there buddy. :D :cool:

But you also need to know that cutting wood is something I actually enjoy doing. I used to "hand cut" firewood for my parents when I was growing up. No chainsaw was to be had....a nice, sharp double-bitted axe was all I had along with a 10 pound sledge and 2 wedges. No truck to haul the wood in, but hauled it with a wagon and arms loaded with wood. To this day, I still enjoy cutting wood. This will not be my first time of heating with wood, but simply returning to the way I always enjoyed it being. The LOML and kids are "thrilled" with even the idea of being warm on those cold winter mornings / days instead of wearing sweats, jackets, and blankets to keep warm in the house in the winter because we have such a tough time paying the natural gas bill in the winter months. The way we figure it? The stove and installation will pay for itsself within the 3rd season of use. A wise investment financially AND......besides that? The best part of all? It forces me to spend more time with my family and especially my 3 boys by getting out and gathering firewood each year. I remember those days of when I was growing up.....now they can have those memories too. ;) :D

Andy Hoyt
11-04-2005, 10:19 PM
Dennis - Right back at ya. Yup, there is the upside to burning wood, and you nailed it.

We still do burn some, but only during those special family time moments and in the early stages of fall when a quick burst of heat is all you really need.

But I got sold on central heat notion while still living in that 1797 house one January morning. I got up around 5AM to stoke the stove and noticed that the dog's dish had a skin of ice on it - just six feet away.

Enjoy your new stove, and the warmth.

Dick Parr
11-04-2005, 11:54 PM
Great looking job Dennis. The stove on top of the hearth make a nice team. Keep warm this winter.

Dennis Peacock
11-05-2005, 10:09 AM
Thanks everyone. We really think we're gonna like it a lot.
The LOML wanted me to start the "break-in" process last night.!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek:

But dear.....it's 82 degrees outside....
OK....so I'll open every window in the house to help cool it down enough.
But, it's not cool outside.....
OK....windows are all open now. How's the break-in going?
:confused: :confused: :confused:
Ok...ok....I'm starting.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bobby McCarley
11-05-2005, 11:25 AM
Nice job on the hearth and the stove, Dennis. I'm sure you and the family will enjoy it. We built a log house 19 years ago and installed a woodburning stove in it and it has gotten way more use than the central heat unit. It's just a different type of heat and once you get use to it, it's hard to go back to central heat. Be sure to keep a kettle of water with a little cinnamon in it on top of the stove when in use. It makes the house smell good and adds a little humidity to the air. Does you stove have a blower on it?

Bobby
Louisiana

Dennis Peacock
11-05-2005, 4:34 PM
Bobby,

It can have a blower attached to it and is an option that I wasn't ready to swing the added expense for at the moment. If I added all the options, all this would have cost me something like $5K......and I'm doing my best to get OUT Of Debt.....not deeper into it. ;)