PDA

View Full Version : Any way to get these windows out to clean them?

Wade Lippman
11-18-2017, 7:54 AM
I have a sunporch. All the windows have screens than seem to have been added afterwards. I have tried everything, but can't see how to remove either the windows or the screens for cleaning. I have attached a bunch of photos. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I tried pushing the window up to free it from the bottom track, but there isn't enough slop to do anything. Any help would be appreciated. (removing the molding that holds the screens in would work, but isn't really practical).371785371786371787371788

John K Jordan
11-18-2017, 8:05 AM
...I tried pushing the window up to free it from the bottom track, but there isn't enough slop to do anything. ...

Mine come out by lifting up at the bottom like you tried but I understand there are different types. Google gave me pages of things with "how to remove window screens" including a bunch of videos. Maybe one of these links would be a clue. Also, if you can see a manufacturer name on one you might ask them.

JKJ

Sam Murdoch
11-18-2017, 8:09 AM
I'm pretty certain that (as seen in the 2nd photo only) the raised bar with the flat top is intended to lift up to release the screen.
Being aluminum it is likely all galled up. Try tapping it down and/or squirting some soapy water along the bottom to persuade it to release.

Hope I'm right - think I am - but you know how it is :rolleyes:. Good luck.