PDA

View Full Version : Cherry / Cherry-Apple?

Bruce Page
06-24-2003, 10:38 PM
I bought some cherry-apple today, and while the grain looks the same as the cherry that I have been buying from a different source, the cherry-apple seems much lighter in color. Are they the same thing?

Consciousness: that annoying time between naps.

celsik
06-26-2003, 9:52 AM
Hi Bruce
I am in Farmington. Where did you get it? Albuquerque Hardwood or Paxtons? I think the Cherry is Appalachian. I bought some wide Cherry from Paxtons last time in Albuquerque, they busted the the straps on a new bundle, great timing. It was Appalachian. I know in red Oak Albuquerque Hardwoods has what they call Southern and Appalachian. The Appalachian is better and of course higher in price. Hope the fire is not near you!
Curtis

Bruce Page
06-26-2003, 2:27 PM
Hi Bruce
I am in Farmington. Where did you get it? Albuquerque Hardwood or Paxtons? I think the Cherry is Appalachian. I bought some wide Cherry from Paxtons last time in Albuquerque, they busted the the straps on a new bundle, great timing. It was Appalachian. I know in red Oak Albuquerque Hardwoods has what they call Southern and Appalachian. The Appalachian is better and of course higher in price. Hope the fire is not near you!
CurtisHi Curtis,

Is good to hear from another New Mexican! I’ve been buying the cherry from Woodcraft more out of convenience than anything else, but when I went there Tuesday they were all out so I ended up at Paxtons. As I said earlier, the grain looks like cherry but is lighter in color and it doesn’t seem as dense / heavy.

I’ve already milled the cherry-apple, so the worst that can happen is I might have to play with the stain to get it to match everything else.

I live in the NE Heights, so other than the traffic being a mess when I went to Paxtons, the fire wasn’t any problem for me. It did take out at least one high dollar home under construction – I feel sorry for those folks.

Thanks for replying