PDA

View Full Version : Clamp Rack

Larry Craft
11-04-2005, 12:04 AM
II remember seeing (I think) a plan for a mobile clamp rack in one of the woodworking magazines, but now I can't find it. Does anyone know where it is located.

Steve Ash
11-04-2005, 8:50 AM
Yes there was Larry, I remember seeing it too I think it was around this past April in maybe FWW but don't remember for sure....anybody else remember what it was in?

Oh...by the way Welcome to the Creek!

Steve Beadle
11-04-2005, 12:13 PM
Larry, if you have access to these magazines, you might find an idea or two:
Popular Woodworking, #104, September 1998, p. 36.
Woodworker's Journal #1, Vol. 26, February 2002, p. 12
Fine Woodworking #164, August 2003, p. 60

Timo Christ
11-04-2005, 1:17 PM
Hi Folks,

this is my clamp rack, i built it this afternoon. there's no plan, i just eyeballed everything and hand sawed - it was alot of fun to build it!

Wanted to make it mobile, but the clamps jumped on before i had a chance to put wheels on it!

As far as i can tell right now, it works as intended. I modeled it after my cousin's clamp rack which is welded angle iron. it just seems to small, no expansion room..

Regards,
Timo

Steve Ash
11-04-2005, 2:35 PM
I know this is nowhere near what you are looking for in that magazine, but this is what I made to hold my pathetic collection of clamps.

Kurt Aebi
11-04-2005, 2:40 PM
Here's mine - it was from an issue of ShopNotes Magazine, not sure which one, but I'll look through them and get you the info. if you like it.

Larry Craft
11-04-2005, 10:22 PM
Thanks for the information. My space is very limited and i will have to modify to fit. I want the rack to be mobile so it can be moved out of the way. This info and pics has been very helpful -- Thanks again.

CPeter James
11-05-2005, 9:05 AM
Here is mine. It holds 20 Besseys and 7 pipe clamps, pus my collection of Quick Grips and Vise Grips. It is on casters so it goes into a corner when they are not needed, but rolls out to the assembly area.

CPeter