PDA

View Full Version : Used Greyhound Bus Freight to ship a BIG cyclone canister and filter

Mike Heidrick
11-12-2017, 8:45 PM
I found a new filter assembly in Ohio for super cheap for my big cyclone. It was about 68"x22"x22". Seller did not want to ship. Ups rates were $257-$812 and the item was her price $100. So I checked busfreighter.com which brokers greyhound.com shipments and it was $77. I paid for it here, she dropped it off Friday at 2pm est, and it arrived and was ready for pickup Sunday at 9:30am and would be available for pickup until 11pm Sunday night. Painless, quick, and conveinent. They also had a close door and a hand truck I could use. If you find a light under 100lb big but less than 29x47x82, check out using greyhound bus freight.

Bob Falk
11-12-2017, 9:01 PM
thanks for the tip!

Bruce Wrenn
11-12-2017, 9:10 PM
Shipped many things on the bus. Used to ship bids to Corps of Engineers using bus / taxi delivery service. Shipped signs all over metro DC area using bus. Also sent paychecks using bus. Son locked his keys in truck while on vacation, so shipped replacements to him via bus.

Bill Dufour
11-12-2017, 11:45 PM
I do not know much about it but Fastenal will ship heavy items from store to store for a reasonable price. Stores have a pallet jack and many even a forklift to unload there deliveries.

https://www.fastenal.com/en/22/3pl-(third-party-logistics)

Bill

Mike Heidrick
11-13-2017, 1:14 AM
I'll try and remember that too Bill. Thank you. Fastenall is a handy place for sure.

Joe Mioux
11-13-2017, 5:53 AM
My dad used to use Greyhound for shipments from STL to Carlye almost everyday back in the 60's-late 80's. Greyhound discontinued the route through Carlyle. It was a great way to get supplies from vendors.

John K Jordan
11-13-2017, 7:38 AM
I found a new filter assembly in Ohio for super cheap for my big cyclone. It was about 68"x22"x22". Seller did not want to ship. Ups rates were $257-$812 and the item was her price $100. So I checked busfreighter.com which brokers greyhound.com shipments and it was $77. I paid for it here, she dropped it off Friday at 2pm est, and it arrived and was ready for pickup Sunday at 9:30am and would be available for pickup until 11pm Sunday night. Painless, quick, and conveinent. They also had a close door and a hand truck I could use. If you find a light under 100lb big but less than 29x47x82, check out using greyhound bus freight.

That's good information, thanks!

Hey, can you share the filter supplier contact info?

JKJ

Mike Heidrick
11-13-2017, 8:28 AM
Sure here is the filter info. Short answer is it is Grizzly nib this lady had for some reason.

It was an ebay find on a canister filter for the G0638 10hp cyclone I have. New the assembly is over $750 and it has a can steel shroud with a 9" inlet (it is smaller as it is one of two after a manifold). It also has a brush cleaning system that moves up and down via pull chains. Its removeable filter is about $400 by itself (what I really wanted in this purchase) and can literally be washed down with a hose and has rubber ends and has over 400sqft of filter area. It has nylon webbing wrapped around it.

I am guessing it would make an excellent single filter setup for 3hp or 5hp cyclone. There are mounting holes in the top one could bolt to some L bracket horizontals if you could bolt the verticals on to your cyclones stand. The assembly does not come with a lower bag and may need a lower bag strap as well.

John K Jordan
11-13-2017, 9:32 AM
Thanks. I'll try searching ebay for filters. I have a 5hp ClearVue with two Wynn nano filters, still in good shape but I'm on the lookout for some eventual replacements. The Wynn 9B300NANO claims MERV rating: 15, efficiency: 99.999% at .5 micron, 300 sq. ft. filter area (600 for two).

JKJ

Sure here is the filter info. Short answer is it is Grizzly nib this lady had for some reason.

It was an ebay find on a canister filter for the G0638 10hp cyclone I have. New the assembly is over $750 and it has a can steel shroud with a 9" inlet (it is smaller as it is one of two after a manifold). It also has a brush cleaning system that moves up and down via pull chains. Its removeable filter is about $400 by itself (what I really wanted in this purchase) and can literally be washed down with a hose and has rubber ends and has over 400sqft of filter area. It has nylon webbing wrapped around it.

I am guessing it would make an excellent single filter setup for 3hp or 5hp cyclone. There are mounting holes in the top one could bolt to some L bracket horizontals if you could bolt the verticals on to your cyclones stand. The assembly does not come with a lower bag and may need a lower bag strap as well.

Eduard Nemirovsky
11-13-2017, 3:12 PM
Fastenal stop shipping from coast to coast - last time I check (:

I do not know much about it but Fastenal will ship heavy items from store to store for a reasonable price. Stores have a pallet jack and many even a forklift to unload there deliveries.

https://www.fastenal.com/en/22/3pl-(third-party-logistics)

Bill