PDA

View Full Version : computer help

Bert Kemp
11-12-2017, 11:03 AM
weird problem, my laptop isn't finding any web pages it just spins then gives me a time out.
1. All other devices work fine.
2. Laptop says its connected to the internet.
3. I hard wired it and still will not load websites.
4. Ran all the tests and they say no problems.
5. HELP!!!! Please

Mike Trent
11-12-2017, 11:13 AM
Reboot your laptop and your router. Do you have another machine in the house you can use, to see if your internet service to the house is the problem?

Lee Schierer
11-12-2017, 2:37 PM
Don't forget to reboot your modem.

Mike Chance in Iowa
11-12-2017, 2:56 PM
Try clearing your browser history if the above comments do not resolve it first. You don't mention what OS you are using, but it's possible you have a virus. I have fixed a few laptops years ago that had some nasty viruses that would modify network settings in an obscure area and prevent access to the internet.

Brian Henderson
11-12-2017, 5:32 PM
Try clearing your browser history if the above comments do not resolve it first. You don't mention what OS you are using, but it's possible you have a virus. I have fixed a few laptops years ago that had some nasty viruses that would modify network settings in an obscure area and prevent access to the internet.

Usually when they do that, they will turn off your anti-virus too, so check that.

Stephen Tashiro
11-12-2017, 7:28 PM
3. I hard wired it and still will not load websites.

See if you are connected to the internet, but not connected to a "nameserver". In the address bar of your browser enter "http://216.58.219.46" and see if that gets you to a web page.

Bert Kemp
11-12-2017, 11:54 PM
Thanks guys rebooted everything and its working again. I did reboot the laptop first but the that didnt work, doing the laptop, router and modem worked