PDA

View Full Version : Informed Delivery by the USPS.

Dave Lehnert
11-05-2017, 8:54 PM
This is a new one to me.
Anyone have experience using it?

Google Informed Delivery USPS

Mike Henderson
11-05-2017, 9:00 PM
Yep, I've been receiving those updates for a while now and no problems. All it does is show you pictures of "some" of the mail you're going to receive today.

Mike

Dimitrios Fradelakis
11-05-2017, 9:17 PM
I had it for a while and then one day it stopped. Checked the USPS site and they said it was no longer available in my area.

Mac McQuinn
11-05-2017, 10:26 PM
My son always get reports, he likes it.
Mac

glenn bradley
11-05-2017, 10:35 PM
I use it when I am expecting something special. I just recently turned it off after receiving an international shipment. I'll use it again.

Matt Meiser
11-06-2017, 7:18 AM
I like it but since they don’t scan the larger mail it doesn’t tell you the whole story. Obviously a lot of that is catalogs but at least once a week it’s something more important. If they scanned everything I would know whether to bother getting the mail.

Even better would be to add a button that says “send to recycle bin”.

Jim Becker
11-06-2017, 9:22 AM
I've been using it since it was first offered...in fact, I just received today's notice and was able to let Professor Dr SWMBO know that some important letters were arriving today about matter we're pursuing for our older daughter. I use the notification systems from USPS, UPS and FedEX and have for a long time now. And on days when there's a package placed in the mailbox by USPS, I also know that it's been delivered. We live in a rural-suburban area and our mailbox is at the end of a 350'+ driveway.

Brian Henderson
11-06-2017, 10:06 AM
I like it but since they don’t scan the larger mail it doesn’t tell you the whole story. Obviously a lot of that is catalogs but at least once a week it’s something more important. If they scanned everything I would know whether to bother getting the mail.

Even better would be to add a button that says “send to recycle bin”.

They'll never do that because the overwhelming majority of their money comes from junk mail.

Andrew Pitonyak
11-06-2017, 1:49 PM
cannot think of a reason to not use it........