PDA

View Full Version : Subscriptions not coming

Charlie Plesums
11-03-2005, 2:33 PM
I enjoyed getting a daily email of the additions to forum discussions. For the last week or more, I have not received any, even though there has been activity in threads that I have subscribed to. I checked the control panel, and it seems to be right.

Has something changed?

John Miliunas
11-03-2005, 3:05 PM
Charlie, are you sure they may not be getting filtered out as "spam" or "junk" from your email client??? What application do you use for email?:) :cool:

Charlie Plesums
11-04-2005, 2:24 PM
John, I use outlook express.

I do not have vendor-provided filtering of any sort, but have set up a bunch of rules (dealing with erections, mortgages, web cams, rolexes, etc.) but I look through all the filtered mail before final deletion.

I have four active email addresses, and am using the most reliable one for SMC

I had been getting the daily updates until a week or two ago, and have not changed anything with my mail in that period. (I don't know the exact day it stopped, since I do delete the daily updates after they are read).

John Miliunas
11-04-2005, 2:39 PM
John, I use outlook express.

I do not have vendor-provided filtering of any sort, but have set up a bunch of rules (dealing with erections, mortgages, web cams, rolexes, etc.) but I look through all the filtered mail before final deletion.

I have four active email addresses, and am using the most reliable one for SMC

I had been getting the daily updates until a week or two ago, and have not changed anything with my mail in that period. (I don't know the exact day it stopped, since I do delete the daily updates after they are read).

Charlie, go to Outlook Express and click on "tools" in the top system tray. Go down to "message rules" and click on "Blocked senders list". Once open, scan over it to be sure that "Sawmillcreek.org" does not exist there. If it does, highlight it and click "Remove". Keep us posted. If that doesn't do it, we'll look elsewhere.:) :cool:

Charlie Plesums
11-04-2005, 4:34 PM
Not in the blocked sender list, either. That is the home of domains like girl-punk.net and gaysport.com but not sawmillcreek

Doug Jones
11-04-2005, 5:12 PM
That is the home of domains like girl-punk.net and gaysport.com :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sometimes silence is golden,,,,, TMI.

John Miliunas
11-04-2005, 5:34 PM
Not in the blocked sender list, either. That is the home of domains like girl-punk.net and gaysport.com but not sawmillcreek

Hmmmm...You've got me stumped. The only other thing I can think of and, I'm not sure this applies to OE, because I use the full version of Outlook is, the junk senders list. It seems this may have started when Aaron & Co. switched IP addresses and there were changes being made at the DNS servers. The current one may have ended up in your "junk senders list", if there is such an animal in OE. In "Outlook", you get to that via "Tools/Organize" and drill through the menu's. Let us know what, if anything, you come up with.:) :cool:

Doug Jones
11-04-2005, 5:38 PM
Are you positive that your settings haven't changed since the upgrade of this forum. I know you said it seems alright, but a second look might be needed.

Charlie Plesums
11-05-2005, 9:25 AM
Hmmmm...You've got me stumped. The only other thing I can think of and, I'm not sure this applies to OE, because I use the full version of Outlook is, the junk senders list. It seems this may have started when Aaron & Co. switched IP addresses and there were changes being made at the DNS servers. The current one may have ended up in your "junk senders list", if there is such an animal in OE. In "Outlook", you get to that via "Tools/Organize" and drill through the menu's. Let us know what, if anything, you come up with.:) :cool:

No "Junk Senders List" in OE. I went through all the options to see if anything could be impacting it. I lowered the security level (which I didn't think impacted email) to see if that would help. With daily notification, that should tell me something by tonight.

Are you positive that your settings haven't changed since the upgrade of this forum. I know you said it seems alright, but a second look might be needed.

I normally don't touch my SMC settings, but I went through them to see if something had changed during the move (not likely since the server itself was moved). It looked fine. I think I will try a different email address to see if the "roadrunner" email server doesn't like the new IP address or something.

John Miliunas
11-05-2005, 9:46 AM
I think I will try a different email address to see if the "roadrunner" email server doesn't like the new IP address or something.

As long as you have a couple more available, that's what I would try. ISP's have been know to do such things under the guise of "security", especially if their servers have been nailed by a DOS attack or similar from a certain IP range. If that's what you eventually find out, I would contact them directly and find out for sure. Good luck!:) :cool:

Charlie Plesums
01-02-2006, 9:49 AM
Last night I got an email for each of the threads that I have posted to in the last week. No change on my end, so I hope whatever happened on the SMC end or between the service providers continue.

While trying to figure things out, I had tried various options... I found that the subscriptions had been left on "weekly" so I switched them back to "daily." We'll see tonight if this post comes through!

Thanks if somebody did something to fix it.

Charlie

Aaron Koehl
01-02-2006, 4:42 PM
Charlie,
Glad all is working. We haven't changed any mail settings on our end-