PDA

View Full Version : Engraving problem need your help

Ernest Martin
11-02-2017, 11:22 AM
Well I'm having a problem with my laser in scanning mode, maybe somebody else has had this problem already, and can help, or any suggestions
It seems when I'm engraving the edge that leads in is under powered which can be seen in the pictures I added,
these engraved rectangles are 1/2''x 1'' engraved at 300 mm/s at 40% power
the green box was done in X_unilateralism mode so the right side is not very sharp looks like it just didn't engrave as deep or as much power
the left side is nice and sharp all the way to the end.

The blue box was done X-swing the picture is not very sharp but the first line on the right is not very sharp to begin with but the end is nice and sharp then the lines alternate the rest of the way down.
The rest of the boxes were just samples that I was playing with

I feel that its not a lens mirror issue but rather a software or machine since its always the leading edge.

The last image shows the preview screen in RDworks it shows a pink line on the beginning of the first line and the end of the second line which is also kinda were it doesn't engrave properly
any help would be appreciated so I can quit pulling out my hair

John Noell
11-02-2017, 3:47 PM
I have not had much luck with speeds that fast. The glass tubes simply don't seem to be able to ramp up fast enough. My Epilog was much better in this regard.

John Lifer
11-02-2017, 4:17 PM
That would be my thought as well, slow down, way down to say 100mm/s and see if it doesn't get a lot better.

Ernest Martin
11-02-2017, 5:57 PM
I will try that I never went below 300 for some reason, tried 300-600 and results were pretty much the same.
maybe I can quit pulling my hair out

Ernest Martin
11-03-2017, 1:31 PM
Cheers it looks like that is what my problem was, I haven't done a lot with it since but works a lot better, Thanks both of you

Kev Williams
11-03-2017, 2:58 PM
simply put- it shouldn't be like that, might be an accel/decel adjustment will help?

Also- you state the lead-in is underpowered-- however, your unilateral test shows the weak side on the right, and *typically* uni engraving starts at the left and stops at the right... if this is true, then it's the 'lead out' that's weak; the laser power rolling off too early. Again, an accel/decel adjustment may help..

Ernest Martin
11-03-2017, 4:51 PM
My machine if I do the uni engraving it starts on the right and engraves to the left which I might be wrong but I believe that could be changed.
I have included a picture of the Sweep Parameters not sure but I assume that is where accel/decel adjustments would be
Maybe somebody can see if my settings are wrong, on the other hand it's probably different on every machine.

So for I have been impressed with how my machine cuts and what it can cut compared to what I had,

Kev Williams
11-03-2017, 6:05 PM
If your uni starts from the right then yes the lead IN power is on the light side. Obviously I've not seen every machine uni engraving! ;)