PDA

View Full Version : Electric Plane

esteban wood
11-03-2005, 12:45 PM
Hello folks!
I was gliding to buy an electric plane, ¿have you any advice, for not falling in a mistake?

My idea is not to giving it much work, not a pro use

Thanks all
PS I was really happy with the amount of answers to my last post.

Andrew Ault
11-03-2005, 1:05 PM
Do you mean a handheld power planer like this one?

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000067S14.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

What do you plan to use it for?

- Andy

Mike Deschler
11-03-2005, 1:13 PM
I use mine quite frequently for various projects mostly for trimming doors and fitting irregular surfaces where hand planning would take too long. A good general purpose tool if the budget allows it. I have the Bosch multi-blade version.

Allen Grimes
11-03-2005, 1:44 PM
Esteban, hay 3 clases de cepillos electricos. Hay ese herramienta que te enseño Andrew, pero tambien hay dos maquinas grandes que se llaman Jointer y Planer.

So nobody feels left out, I am just trying to teach Esteban the names of the tools in English, so he can ask for help more efficiently.

El primer foto es el Jointer y el segundo es el Planer. Los venden en muchos diferentes tamaños, desde el tamaño benchtop (que lo puedes sentar sobre tu banco de trabajos) hasta el tamaño industrial.

Scott Coffelt
11-03-2005, 2:38 PM
I have a the Dewalt portable planer if that is what you are referring to. I got a good deal on it. It doesn't get too much work but it is nice to have when needed.

esteban wood
11-03-2005, 8:39 PM
I have a the Dewalt portable planer if that is what you are referring to. I got a good deal on it. It doesn't get too much work but it is nice to have when needed.

The bosch that show me Andrew and Mike is most like my "dream" (at least aroud this place)
Scott gave me a good idea, having a "less technical" machine. (Have you found any trouble with it?)
Amigo "mexicano" gracias por la leccion de cepillos. ("mexican" friend thanks for the planer lesson)

I sow that the bosch picture has a scale on it. Is it present on every planer? (or should it be?)

Thanks to all!