PDA

View Full Version : Dust collection on a Bench Dog router table

Rob Blaustein
11-03-2005, 9:20 AM
I have the Bench Dog ProTop contractor router table and I'm having a little trouble hooking up dust collection to it. Do any of you use this and have you found a connector that lets you go from 4" flex duct to the opening of that holder on the table (just over 2 1/4")? I picked up a 4" to 2 1/4" adapter from Lee Valley, but that 2 1/4" is the inner diam and its OD is too big to fit. I always seem to be stymied by all these little connections.
-Rob

Dave Richards
11-03-2005, 9:45 AM
Rob, I have a shop vac hose that fits into the opening on my Bench Dog fence and an adaptor that fits into the 4" DC hose. I think the adaptor is from Jet.

I think I have JW1044 4" to 2-1/2" Reducer and then there's an adaptor sort of thing on the end of the flex hose that allows me to quickly hook the hose to an 4" port as on the bandsaw, TS, etc.

Hope this helps.

Steven Wilson
11-03-2005, 10:38 AM
I picked up a 2 1/2" hose fitting at Rockler that worked. I have a Bench Dog Pro top and I run 2 1/2" hose (3') from the fence to the cabinet and then run 4" out of the cabinet. You end up getting collection from the fence and the cabinet. The same idea should work your table

Rob Blaustein
11-03-2005, 10:55 PM
Thanks guys, I'll look into those options.
Rob