PDA

View Full Version : Boiler Relay

Dimitrios Fradelakis
10-31-2017, 7:10 PM
I have a Weil McClain natural gas furnace. For some reason today the furnace would not turn off until I manually flipped the emergency off switch that is located on the side of the furnace itself. I did a little bit of research online and several people mentioned that my issue could be due to the relay going bad.

I popped the front cover off my furnace and to my surprise the spot where the relay is supposed to go is empty. Who removed it or why is beyond me but it was either removed from day 1 of the furnace being installed some 15 years ago or a technician afterwards who came to swap out my auto fill pump removed it. Since the relay is missing I can only assume that the control module that it is connected to might be on its way out.

My thermostat in my home was changed earlier this year and clearly states when the furnace is pumping heat. Today for some odd reason the furnace was running but the display didn’t state that the heat was on. Should I just swap out the entire control console and install a new relay (I think it comes with one pre-installed already)? Any other ideas on what might be causing the issue I outlined above?

Thank you for your help.

Dimitrios Fradelakis
10-31-2017, 8:52 PM
Issue has been resolved. Please delete thread.

Myk Rian
10-31-2017, 10:06 PM
So, what was the problem?

Dimitrios Fradelakis
11-01-2017, 7:29 PM
So, what was the problem?

The thermostat itself needed to be reset.