PDA

View Full Version : corel draw

ian mcfarland
10-31-2017, 12:47 AM
I bought this tonight the new one 2017
Anyone give me a run down on proceedure to the fiber from an AI file and why you want to use it I so far feel it was a waste of money unless I am missing a bitmap convertor or a special function it gives you .

Thanks

Bill George
10-31-2017, 9:24 AM
Anyone give me a run down on proceedure to the fiber from an AI file and why you want to use it I so far feel it was a waste of money unless I am missing a bitmap convertor or a special function it gives you .

Thanks

Export to a DXF file an older version as EZCad does not support the newer releases or for engraving sometimes a BMP file. Yes an older version of CD would have worked just fine. I use X6, once again a Search on here would bring this up.

Gary Hair
10-31-2017, 9:32 AM

Thanks

Export as an ai file, version 8 works fine. I’ve never had a problem with ai files and ezcad.

ian mcfarland
10-31-2017, 9:53 AM
I have read a lot on here, seems there is some cleanup things corel can do but I cannot find them in the menus anyone know where to find them or access them??

John Lifer
10-31-2017, 11:47 AM
If you want to work in Corel Draw, and since you have it, you should, the best thing you can do is go do a search on youtube for Doug Green. He has a long list of short (most 1-3 minutes long) videos dealing with Corel Draw and mainly CO2 Epilog lasers. 95% is transferable to Any CO2 laser as most deal with things that we do with images/text that will transfer to the fiber laser also. A few are Epilog specific, but you can tell quick. Go spend a day watching a bunch of them, searching for anything specific you need.

Others out there, but in my opinion, he's the best.

Bill George
10-31-2017, 12:20 PM
If you want to work in Corel Draw, and since you have it, you should, the best thing you can do is go do a search on youtube for Doug Green. He has a long list of short (most 1-3 minutes long) videos dealing with Corel Draw and mainly CO2 Epilog lasers. 95% is transferable to Any CO2 laser as most deal with things that we do with images/text that will transfer to the fiber laser also. A few are Epilog specific, but you can tell quick. Go spend a day watching a bunch of them, searching for anything specific you need.

Others out there, but in my opinion, he's the best.

Ditto its got a pretty steep learning curve especially if you have never worked with a graphics program before.