PDA

View Full Version : This is Fall isn't it?

John Hart
11-03-2005, 8:33 AM
I was getting in the shower this morning and looked out the window and admired the bright sunny day and all the trees and thought, "Whoa...wait a minute!! This is November!"

By Halloween each year, I'm raking leaves and then raking leaves. I just realized, I haven't raked anything yet. Global Warming? Better get Jim Ketron to put his chainsaw away!!

Joe Pelonio
11-03-2005, 8:50 AM
John,

We skipped fall and went right to winter here. The last of the leaves are on the ground. The local ski resorts are opening Friday, the earliest since 1977, with 4' already and another 2-3 expected by the weekend. You are welcome to some of this rain, we'll send it over.

Dick Parr
11-03-2005, 8:56 AM
John I was telling the wife the same thing yesterday. We will be taking care of the leaves on Christmas.:(

Jim DeLaney
11-03-2005, 9:43 AM
John,
Just 50 miles to the South of you, it looks like this:

http://users.zoominternet.net/~jcdelaney/Fall

John Hart
11-03-2005, 9:48 AM
WOW!!! Ain't that purty!!! Thanks Jim.

Jim Becker
11-03-2005, 11:51 AM
I'm actually thinking about mowing the lawn...with all the rain we had recently and the warm temps this week...it's getting a bit too tall, even for "over wintering". Sheesh!

Dennis Peacock
11-03-2005, 12:11 PM
82 degrees here today. Fall came, went, summer is back, then over night it will be WINTER.!!!!!:eek:

Mario Brissette
11-03-2005, 12:37 PM
It is snowing here today !!!

Keith Starosta
11-03-2005, 2:40 PM
Jim, that is a gorgeous picture!!! Reminds me of being in Northern Michigan in the Fall.

In fact, I like it so much, I'm making it my wallpaper.....thanks!

Keith

Vaughn McMillan
11-03-2005, 4:47 PM
Great picture, Jim. I also stole it for wallpaper. It's looking more like like spring around here, since recent rains have started greening up the hillsides. We don't really get the changing to fall colors around here (something I miss). The few trees that do turn are overshadowed by all the ones that don't. Heck, my rose bushes will still be blooming at Christmas, and I'll have to force them into a month or so of hibernation come January/February. And lawn mowing? That's year-round for sure.

- Vaughn

Karl Laustrup
11-03-2005, 6:41 PM
Great picture Jim.

Couldn't resist showing off a couple from Trappers Turn Golf Course where I'm a member. This is from almost two weeks ago now. I've got about 30 pix from just riding around taking pictures.

Karl

Keith Starosta
11-04-2005, 8:59 AM
Karl,
WOW!!!! :eek: Those colors are AWESOME!!!

I miss Fall seasons like that. We live close enough to the Blue Ridge Parkway to check out the colors, but just never make the time to get out there...

Keith

Tyler Howell
11-04-2005, 9:14 AM
Thanks Guys,
Beautiful shots of the big guy doing his magic. My favorite time of year.:cool: