PDA

View Full Version : triumph laser ezcad 2 software questions

ian mcfarland
10-25-2017, 11:26 AM
I have this and a cd of the software trying to install it to another machine like several suggested. It is asking me for a usb dongle?? Never got that from triumph laser? what do I do?

Kev Williams
10-25-2017, 12:40 PM
You didn't get what looks like a flash drive to plug into a USB port? If not, then the dongle is 'built in' and the machine and computer are basically inseparable. If that's the case, email Yolanda > support@triumphlaser.com < and ask if you can get a separate dongle-

John Lifer
10-25-2017, 1:29 PM
I think most of the newer machines having built in 'dongle'. Mine has no separate dongle. Makes it a pain to design on a computer that isn't connected to the laser....

Kev Williams
10-25-2017, 2:00 PM
FWIW, mine has a dongle which HAS allowed me to change the computer, but I still do all my designing on a separate computer in Corel. EVERYTHING I do in Corel is exported as a DXF which I import into EZcad. I DO have Corel on the fiber computer for tweaks...

so, IF your dongle is built in, have you tried copying the entire Triumph folder catalog onto another computer? That may work, as I would expect the dongle info to be within its own folders, I don't think anything to do with these machines or EZcad is written into the registry...

Bill George
10-25-2017, 6:57 PM
I have this and a cd of the software trying to install it to another machine like several suggested. It is asking me for a usb dongle?? Never got that from triumph laser? what do I do?
With EZCad the machine is the dongle.

ian mcfarland
10-25-2017, 7:36 PM
Ok I will see with they say I guess i can use it on 2 computers as long as they both are not online at the same time. I will try coping the files over too.

I bought a asus rog g751jy today to use for the computer and designs so I can stop moving stuff back and forth and have a high end computer which has a graphics card and can do fast calculations.

ian mcfarland
10-26-2017, 2:16 AM
all good they got the new machine up and running works fast now no down time to mark2 or blips so far.

BILL PENNINGTON
01-27-2022, 6:19 PM
Maybe someone here can help me, I have a rotary i never needed it till now and have never set it up, I emailed david at Triumph
but that was no help, Everything he told me to do hasn't helped, If anyone can help me it would be appreciated.
Thanks BILL