PDA

View Full Version : Sandpaper for B & D Mouse Detail Sander Question

Mark R Webster
10-24-2017, 3:21 PM
Hi Guys, I just purchased a B&D Mouse Detail sander for a project I am currently working on. (I couldn't justify springing for one of the more expensive sanders) anyway....I also purchased a pack of assorted paper BDAMX-5 with 80, 120 and 220 grits. Included in the sandpaper package are 2- 4x4" sheets of 2" squares of hook/loop paper. The squares are not listed on packaging. No grit info is on the back of the paper and the shape doesn't fit anything on the sander. I called B&D to ask what they are for... was I supposed to cut them up to fit where ever? They said "they didn't know what they were for". So... I am wondering if any of you have any idea what they are intended for? :confused: Thanks

mike holden
10-25-2017, 1:00 PM
As I recall, the mouse shaped pieces of sandpaper had a square bit at the nose that could be peeled off and replaced by the squares in the package. Since the nose or pointy end, got the most abuse/use it was nice to have a way to replace just that bit.
Outside of the vibration, the sander worked well till it died.
The earlier sandpaper was cut with two replacement "ears" attached.
Did not know they still made this.
Mike

Mark R Webster
10-25-2017, 1:20 PM
Hi Mike thanks for the reply. Here is a pic of the pieces in question. I understand the buff colored sheets. What are the dark squares for?

mike holden
10-26-2017, 10:43 AM
Thought they might have been replacement tips but those are diamonds not squares. No idea.
Mike

Mark R Webster
10-26-2017, 11:50 AM
Black and Decker tech service doesn't seem to know either. After many "I don't knows" the guy came up with that it was "bonus paper for contour sanding" :confused: Oh well another of life's mysteries....:rolleyes: