PDA

View Full Version : What causes this

ian mcfarland
10-23-2017, 10:51 PM
This is a brand new machine not even two or three weeks old and I'm starting to see the skipping of lines during a hatching and it's like it hangs and then pops?370297

Kev Williams
10-23-2017, 11:31 PM
Try a different USB cable and/or port.

Best I can tell everything these fibers do is in real time thru the USB, although I suppose the control board may have a buffer, I'm not sure. But I'm not a fan of USB. As I sit here the camera in front of me's USB port hasn't worked in years, the front USB ports on a one of the computers to my right hasn't worked in years, my GCC laser has to have the USB cable unplugged and re-plugged every time I change a setting on the thing, the 8-port powered USB hub sitting on the computer I'm using sometimes works, sometimes doesn't, and the USB connection between this computer and the IS400 behind me is always a crap shoot.. Given my luck with USB I'm amazed my fiber works at all...

If the USB cable/port change doesn't help, unplug and re-plug the scanhead cable. If that doesn't help, call or email your machine's customer service, show them what it's doing...

Bill George
10-24-2017, 9:39 AM
Make sure you have nothing else running on the computer at the same time, as connected to the internet and etc. Your USB port can also go to sleep or in a power saving mode. Your control laptop should have no power saving features enabled.

ian mcfarland
10-24-2017, 9:47 AM
I marked 4 of them perfect and started seeing the on a few later same spots. Did not stop while engraving but looked like the scan head got stuck and the popped the the next line. Is there something that can be checked in the scan head which may be loose or binding

Bill George
10-24-2017, 9:51 AM
I marked 4 of them perfect and started seeing the on a few later same spots. Did not stop while engraving but looked like the scan head got stuck and the popped the the next line. Is there something that can be checked in the scan head which may be loose or binding

It would really help if you would post what machine and other details in your Signature.

I myself would not touch the Glavo or Scan head until you have checked what already has been suggested and then contacted the seller.

John Lifer
10-24-2017, 10:01 AM
I've not had any issues with mine, but check all the cables. Maybe replace the cable from the pc to the laser. And if it keeps happening contact supplier.
BTW, I never stop doing other work when mine is running. Win 10, usually have firefox or edge up and running for email, Coreldraw is up and EzCad. Even RDworks sometimes.
And no issues so far.