PDA

View Full Version : New to board

Galen Mo
11-02-2005, 8:27 PM
Hi guys (and gals)! just found out about this site and decided to check it out! Most of my wood working time is spent in front of my scroll saw, but I do delve into other things occasionaly!

Steve Ash
11-02-2005, 8:48 PM
Hi Galen I'm glad you were able to finally get here. Guys and gals Galen and I share a common interest in tractors and got aquainted on a tractor forum. He showed some of his beautiful scrollsaw work on that forum and I told him about the creek!
Welcome aboard!

John Bailey
11-02-2005, 8:51 PM
Welcome aboard Galen. You'll find this to be the best site around. Nice scroll work.

John

Vaughn McMillan
11-02-2005, 8:54 PM
Welcome to the Creek Galen. Very nice looking work. I'd really like to get my hands on some of that animated walnut you used for the tractor tires. Or is it...could it be...shlamaca? (Sorry, you'll get to know all about shlamaca soon enough.) From the looks of your signature, you might also need to chime in on the "Shop Dog" thread over in the Off-Topic forum. Bonus points if your dachshund is yellow. ;)

- Vaughn

Galen Mo
11-02-2005, 9:14 PM
Well - none of the three Doxies is yellow, but one is dappled. Does that count for anything?:D

Geof Fowler
11-02-2005, 9:21 PM
I too am here at the urging of Steve Ash from mytractorforum.com and it looks like you guys have a great website. I hope to be able to contribute to it over time.

Cheers

JDFANATIC
JD2210

lou sansone
11-02-2005, 9:34 PM
I too am here at the urging of Steve Ash from mytractorforum.com and it looks like you guys have a great website. I hope to be able to contribute to it over time.

Cheers

JDFANATIC
JD2210

welcome
I believe you are going to have to use your real name to continue to post here.

lou

Steve Ash
11-02-2005, 9:45 PM

Cheers

JDFANATIC
JD2210

Glad you found us too. Not a problem to change your name...PM sent as to what you need to do.
Welcome aboard!

Bob Oehler
11-02-2005, 11:25 PM
Welcome to the sawmill
any of that tractor scrolwork in Allis Chalmers??

Take care
Bob Oehler

Mike Cutler
11-03-2005, 11:49 AM
Nice to meet ya' fella's, and welcome to Sawmill Creek. I'll be looking forward to seeing some more of the scrollsaw work, pretty cool. I may just have to take mine out of the box it's been in for 10 years, after seeing the cool pic's.

Tyler Howell
11-03-2005, 3:21 PM
Welcome to the creek gentlemen, Great bunch of folks here.
Love to see pix of your work.

John Miliunas
11-03-2005, 6:02 PM
Welcome to the Creek to both, Galen and Geof!!!:) Glad Steve pointed you in our direction! As the old saying goes, "...Any friend of Steve's....:D ". Looking forward to any and all input you gents have to offer and, like Tyler said, we love pics around here!:) Come often, stay long.:) :cool:

Rich Konopka
11-03-2005, 6:06 PM
Welcome to the Creek Galen !!! Nice work comimg out of the scroll saw.

also a welcome to Geof from CT. where abouts you from in the Nutmeg state?

Vaughn McMillan
11-03-2005, 6:15 PM
...As the old saying goes, "...Any friend of Steve's...
C'mon John, these guys are new...we shouldn't hold that against them. Yet. :p

- Vaughn

Karl Laustrup
11-03-2005, 6:27 PM
Galen and Geof, WELCOME. As has been said we like pictures. We like pictures of WW projects, but our interests don't stop there.:)

And yes "any friend of Mr. Ash", well I'm surprised you would admit it. ;) :eek:

Just kidding. Anybody from Michigan who roots for the "PACK" can't be all bad. ;) :D

Karl

Jim Hager
11-03-2005, 6:32 PM
Welcome guys!!!!!!! Great looking scroll saw work. I have got a pretty good en but have never had the patience to learn to do that kind of work. Is it my eyes or are the wheels on that tractor sparking with the look of turning????:p That's pretty slick, but it needs a driver:D

Geof Fowler
11-03-2005, 7:04 PM
Thanks for the welcome! Rich, I'm from Southington. Karl, I think I'll post some pics of a cupola project I did a few years ago.

Cheers

Geof Fowler