PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy a bed co2 system

ian mcfarland
10-19-2017, 5:35 PM
Looking with my SBA loan to buy a bed co2 system 100-130watts.

Recommendations??

If cheap enough I can buy on my Credit Card and was looking at any input on Triumph co2 bed systems if you have one.

Thanks

John Noell
10-19-2017, 10:48 PM
It would help a lot to know what you plan to do. For example, do you care about speed? Need pass through? There are many threads here with recommendations, depending on what you want to do.

Kev Williams
10-20-2017, 1:32 AM
I have 2 Triumph machines, I'm probably the only person in this country that does! Yes, they may be 'just another' Chinese laser manufacturer, but based on some of the bad press I read here occasionally about Boss, Weike, and even Ray Fine, my experiences with Triumph have been great to say the least. I needed some long lens tubes made so I could make use of the grand canyon-space below the table in my big machine, and they made them up from scratch for a reasonable price no problem. I had the broken wire problem with the big machine, and we back & forth'd thru email several times until it was resolved. My fiber had it's goofy engraving moments, they sent me a new scanhead to change out, their suggestion... The only time I've had any trouble communicating was during their holidays or during 'trade show season', and I was given fair warning about these dead-zones beforehand. I should note that I've done ALL communicating by email, and I've never had an email go unanswered. (I don't care for phones because my ears are bad and I have a hard enough time understanding plain English!) But I know they'll gladly talk on the phone, and pretty sure they Skype.

Dave Sheldrake
10-20-2017, 2:54 AM
Bed system, as in Flatbed laser?

ian mcfarland
10-20-2017, 10:19 AM
Thanks for tips on the triumph so far with my fine they are very helpful.

The price of their co2 flat bed system is cheap for sure.

One question I have is does it cut evenly across the bed or have you had any issues. With it not doing that??

Kev Williams
10-20-2017, 4:06 PM
I had a problem once where the power would drop off the farther right and down I got. Turned out the beam moved enough off track enough that part of the beam hit the hole in front of the lens mirror, quick adjust of mirror 2 and it's been fine ever since.

Bill George
10-24-2017, 9:43 AM
All laser machines, except the fiber ones will need mirror and focus lens cleaning and alignment from time to time. Kev just posted an issue even with his fiber..... seems there was a fly in the soup?