PDA

View Full Version : FYI: Harbor Freight Link Belt

Frederick Skelly
10-15-2017, 6:21 PM
Damaged the "red" link belt on my contractor saw yesterday - long story. Needed the saw today and couldnt wait for Amazon to deliver a Gates Tri-power or another "red" link belt. Couldnt find a proper fitting "regular" v-belt, much less a Tri-power, at any local stores.

So I checked the archives here and found a few old threads talking about the green "Accu-link" link belts from Jason Industries. They are made (now) in the EEC but they are still sold at HF. So I drove a ways to the nearest store and bought one. $25 for 5 feet, using their 20% off coupon.

Put it on and fired her up to let that new belt get settled in. Then shut her off and put a nickel on the top. Fired her up again - that nickel wasnt even twitching, much less vibrating, all through the start/run/stop cycle!

Also found these instructions online describing the right way to mount the link belt. They were useful because I'd forgotten since I put the original link belt on. Perhaps they'll help someone else. Link (http://www.in-lineindustries.com/education/manuals/accu-link-belt-instructions/).

Fred

glenn bradley
10-17-2017, 9:13 AM
Good reminder. I will add that I have sections of the HF belt in the middle of the usual red belts we find at our name brand woodworking stores. The mixed sections function as one.