PDA

View Full Version : Creeker Visit - Glenn Bradley

Mike Henderson
10-15-2017, 5:45 PM
Glenn Bradley dropped by my place this morning to work on some dovetails. We did through dovetails and half blind dovetails. Here we are with glenn's dovetails.

It was a very enjoyable visit - Glenn is a great guy and an excellent woodworker.

Mike

Ken Fitzgerald
10-15-2017, 5:48 PM
Congratulations on a Creeker visit!

Jim Becker
10-15-2017, 5:57 PM
Lub dem 'Creeker Visits! And those dovetails do look nice!

Alan Lightstone
10-15-2017, 6:07 PM
Nice looking dovetails, guys. Sounds like a fun time.

Nick Decker
10-15-2017, 6:47 PM
Would've liked to have been a fly on the wall, I've learned a lot from both of you guys!

Andrew Hughes
10-15-2017, 7:12 PM
Great looking halfblind Dts. You guys look very happy nice photo.

Bruce Page
10-15-2017, 9:15 PM
Good times!

glenn bradley
10-15-2017, 9:30 PM
I confess a lack of anything one might call skill at hand cut dovetails. I decided it was one of those things I really ought to be able to do better and so committed to myself to pursue them. The ones I did under Mike's tutelage tapped together on the first go. Comparatively, the ones I did prior to his instruction took a half a dozen attempts and adjustments before all the fingers would mesh correctly.

Its always a pleasure to see Mike's work and a real treat to see it up close and personal. I had a great time, learned a ton and managed to make off with one of Mike's brass dovetail markers; an unexpected bonus. Speaking of unexpected, I knew Mike kept bees; I didn't know he kept them in the backyard. Talk about fresh honey!

Thanks again Mike for a great visit and a quantum leap on my pursuit of hand cut dovetails.

Jim Becker
10-16-2017, 9:24 AM
'Glad you had a good time, Glenn...and hope you got to sample that local honey, too. :) Da best. And good for you, too.