PDA

View Full Version : What brands of tape have a wood grain to them ?

Clarence Martinn
10-13-2017, 2:09 PM
Looking to fully wrap a pair of Aluminum Crutches with some sort of tape that has a Wood grain to it. Want to cover up the ugly Aluminum . I have only found one style of wood grain tape. Duck Tape. Is there anything else on the market? Need it to be able to handle temps below 20 Degrees .

Thanks,

Clarence.

Mel Fulks
10-13-2017, 2:18 PM
"Contact Paper " is wide tape with patterns. Take a look ....I haven't seen it in while, but I think they still make it.

glenn bradley
10-13-2017, 3:15 PM
I don't know where you are but, around here you can find wooden crutches at the second hand stores for cheap. Possibly cheaper than tape and sure to look better.

Steve Peterson
10-16-2017, 11:25 AM
What about spray painting a light brown color followed by a darker coat that you partially rub off to give it some "grain"?

Mike Chance in Iowa
10-16-2017, 8:37 PM
I picked up a set of wood crutches at a thrift store for a friend and they ranged from $4 - $15. If you are open to something other than wood grain, "vet wrap" or "coflex" sold at tack and feed stores comes in lots of different colors and it's cheap and gives you a good grip. Who knows. With all the patterns and colors they have, they might even have a wood grain color.