PDA

View Full Version : Storm door

kevin nee
10-11-2017, 9:45 AM
<p>
[FONT=times new roman][B]Hello, After 25 years I am going to replace my aluminum storm doors. I did these when we bought the house. I did not buy the best then, and I will bet the quality has gone way up. Has anyone recently done this type of upgrade and would like to comment on some good quality doors. Would you suggest Home Depot, Lowes or a Door and Window Supplier. &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Thanks in advance, &nbsp;Kevin&nbsp;</p>

kevin nee
10-11-2017, 10:01 AM
<p>
I do not know what all that nbsp stuff at the end of my post is but can not edit it out.</p>

Stan Calow
10-11-2017, 3:47 PM
I don't know about your neck of the woods, but all the big boxes around here carry only two brands Larson and Emco, and I have been pretty disappointed in the two Larsons I've gone through in less than 10 years.

Ed Labadie
10-12-2017, 8:42 PM
Home Depot carries Andersen storm doors.

I put one in 2 years ago, very well made. Went with a full glass model, iirc $275.00 out the door.

IME, the Larsons on loml's house are junk.

Ed

Ken Fitzgerald
10-12-2017, 9:10 PM
I bought some Emco at Homedepot about 10 years ago. They have lasted well. They cost over $200 IIRC. They were special orders to get the color we wanted.

James Pallas
10-13-2017, 2:20 PM
I bought an Anderson, 6 years ago. It's still straight and working fine, even the closers. The only casualty has been the screen a few times. With 24 grandchildren and dogs to contend with id say that's a serviceable storm door.
Jim

James Tibbetts
10-13-2017, 3:28 PM
I just replaced my Larsen door with another Larsen. I Had the first one on the front door of the house for 17 years without a problem. This is a town home and the front gets all the entrance/exit traffic. I was very pleased with the ease of installation and quality of the new door. It was not cheap, $250 or so if I remember. Self storing glass and self storing screen,
double closer. I have no issues with Larsen.