PDA

View Full Version : Creeker Visit

Mike Vermeil
11-02-2005, 12:44 AM
The first woodworking forum I spent much time in was Badger Pond, and one of the first things that made me chuckle were member's chronicles of visits from fellow "ponders." At the time it seemed so odd that people who really didn't know each other would just meet up some place, usually one or the other's shop, and talk woodworking. From the outside looking in, it all appeared a bit strange.

Well, here we are three or four years later, and I've just had my first visit with a fellow "creeker." Don Baer, who as it turns out is in the process of having a new house built in the Phoenix area only a few miles from my own, was in town on business & we met up for some lunch at the local greasy spoon. While we didn't get a chance to make it back to my shop, we talked woodworking a plenty and had a nice lunch in the process. I didn't have a digital camera handy so no pics, but believe me, I'm still feeling the effects of the Ruben sandwich!

Thanks for stoping by Don, and have fun at the Maloof class. We all expect pictures here!

Mike

Don Baer
11-04-2005, 7:14 PM
Hey Mike the pleasure was all mine. Next time I'll buy lunch and make some time to check out your shop.

John Miliunas
11-04-2005, 7:49 PM
Well Mike, I think part of the reason you see posts just like the one you started is part gloat, part sharing and part encouragement! Speaking for myself, I always feel it's partially a "gloat", as I feel sincerely honored to have a fellow Creeker think enough of me to pay a visit. The "sharing" is simply that. This is a community and sharing is all part of it. And "encouragement"? Just a way to encourage other Creekers near to each other or just passing through to experience the same!:) Not all that much different from your local circle of friends where, the conversation often includes stuff like, "Hey, you'll never guess who I ran into the other day." Anyhow, glad you and Don had a nice visit and it sounds like there will be more down the road!:) :cool: