PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

Dennis Peacock
10-09-2017, 10:49 AM
9 Oct 2017

Good Morning Everyone,
It's been a busy week last week at the day job and I've made more progress on the king size bed project. The designer/owner of the bed is learning a lot about woodworking from me and we are enjoying the fellowship with each other as we continue to work through the project. The expectation is that we should finish the build process by next week and then they need to decide on what the finish will be. I've made a cutting board with a matching (or similar) bread/cheese board and I helped a local young woodworker fix some problems on a project that he is working on. Spent some time with the family this weekend and enjoyed the Olympic Qualifying sports on TV this weekend. The LOML and I both love Olympic style sports.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all!

Jim Becker
10-09-2017, 11:00 AM
The first half of my weekend was spend on the second day of driving back from central Florida where I was visiting with my elderly parents. My older daughter went with me and we had a nice time...a big accomplishment for her, given her emotional issues and many hours on the road.

Sunday, I did a little bit of work in the shop thicknessing a few boards for some bee keeping woodenware...and then got a clog in the cyclone, resulting in having to clean out the filter which is a messy, messy, messy job. I'm guessing that the pieces of pine I was milling were sappy and fluffy at the same time. After getting cleaned up, Professor Dr. SWMBO and I went mattress shopping and then had a quick meal out at Rude Robin (our affectionate name for Red Robin), enjoying their excellent cod sandwiches. I'd be back in the shop today since "the week" and "the weekend" are the same for me now, but I have a bunch of things to do in the house that backed up while I was traveling over the past week. I only have a few more small things left with my shop adjustments and then it's time to start on some of the projects on a very long list of projects. :)