Mark Cothren
11-01-2005, 10:40 PM
Just for Travis... :D

8-1/4" wide, 2-3/4" tall, 1/4" thick

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v684/markfromark/01NOVbw02.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v684/markfromark/01NOVbw01.jpg

Dick Parr
11-02-2005, 8:07 AM
Great job on the bowl Mark, but I just hope that isn't snow that it is sitting on:eek: Sure looks like it.

Nice looking walnut NE Mark..

Keith Burns
11-02-2005, 8:18 AM
Another great bowl !! I do think you need to speed up you're production as it appears you're only doing one a day:D You'll never catch up with Jim at this rate. Just kidding, I always enjoy seeing your work and I like your experementation with the backgrounds. What is this one?

Mark Cothren
11-02-2005, 8:49 AM
No snow here... that's just some little throw blanket my wife has in the living room. Just thought I'd try it out.

By the way, my wife thinks I'm certifiably nuts b/c of my picture experimentation...:o I was taking one of the bowl sitting on the back of my Fender DG22N (curly Maple) and she just sat there laughing and shaking her head...:D

Charles E. Martin V
11-02-2005, 8:57 AM
That is a very nice bowl. I agree that throw looks exactly like a light dusting of snow on bare ground. At least that's what I thought when I first looked at it.

Bruce Shiverdecker
11-02-2005, 10:04 AM
Good lookin' bowl. I like the fact that when it's turned over, it looks SOOOOOOOOOO symetrical with a nice little foot, but upright it has the NE swell thing going.

Bruce

Jim Ketron
11-02-2005, 6:37 PM
Nice One mark!
I will be doing some more NE bowls ASAP.

Dennis Peacock
11-02-2005, 7:03 PM
No snow here... that's just some little throw blanket my wife has in the living room. Just thought I'd try it out.

By the way, my wife thinks I'm certifiably nuts b/c of my picture experimentation...:o I was taking one of the bowl sitting on the back of my Fender DG22N (curly Maple) and she just sat there laughing and shaking her head...:D

Well, I guess you're safe as long as you don't use her girdle for a backdrop!!:eek: :eek: :p :p :D

John Hart
11-02-2005, 7:22 PM
At first, I didn't like it....but then I liked it...oops!! Wrong thread.:D

Very nice Mark!!! Love that Walnut and you did a wonderful piece with it!:)

Travis Stinson
11-02-2005, 8:12 PM
Great bowl Mark! The background still makes me dizzy:o .
A curly Fender huh? I'll bet that would look sweet, but would look even BETTER against a quilt top Les Paul!;)

Mark Cothren
11-02-2005, 10:09 PM
Hey, I ain't in to no plugafied geetarz... plain ol' acoustic works for me... I ain't smart enough to play something with knobs on it and cables comin' out of it...