PDA

View Full Version : A couple additions

John Edwards
11-01-2005, 9:41 PM
Here are a few shots of some St. James Bay planes.

Thanks
John Edwards

John Miliunas
11-01-2005, 10:21 PM
Yet more beauties, John! :) OK, now, just for sake of argument, I understand the St. James are a bit more "reasonably" priced than some of the others you've showed us. How do they compare in actual use and craftsmanship? Right now, I can't hardly afford to pay attention, much less acquire any of them, but it still would be interesting to know on sort of an "A/B" comparison.:) BTW, thanks for the "tour" of the finer examples of hand planes! Now that I'm totally turning green, I'll hand the "mike" off back to you!:) :cool:

Doug Shepard
11-01-2005, 10:38 PM
Dude - I've just got to look into this whole retirement thing. You seem to have way more money than I'll ever have while still working:D

Nice haul.

Just curious - are you going to the WW show in December?

Dan Forman
11-02-2005, 3:05 AM
John---You do have some lovely planes. I too would be interested in a review of the St James models. Now let me get this straight, after one retires, these things just start popping up on your doorstep? This is going to take some consideration.

Dan

Jerry Palmer
11-02-2005, 1:57 PM
How do they compare in actual use and craftsmanship?

You mean you're supposed to actually use those beautiful works of art? On wood? But doesn't that sort of cut into the wood collecting, too?

Purty stuff!

John Edwards
11-02-2005, 7:35 PM
Thanks guys for the kind words.
Give me a few days and I will post some comments on the different planes.

Keith Christopher
11-03-2005, 4:19 PM
These are beauties ! What is it about a well made shiny sharp hand plane that just makes me want to own it ?