PDA

View Full Version : A new house

Dick Parr
11-01-2005, 8:31 PM
I have wanted to try making one of these for some time now and finally did one. Got home from therapy feeling pretty good so I thought it was time to tackle one of these.

Oak, Walnut and Paduk. The body is 1-1/2" and the roof is 2" and it is 4" tall finished with Mylands friction polish.

The wife said this will not be the only one of these I make, she wants a Christmas tree full this year.:( What did I get myself into.:eek:

Thanks for looking

John Miliunas
11-01-2005, 8:36 PM
LOL! :D That'll teach 'ya! :D Seriously, I can see why she wants a boatload of them! Nice job.:) :cool:

Keith Burns
11-01-2005, 8:38 PM
Great one Dick. These are definately fun aren't they. Fortunately for you they are quick as well:)

John Hart
11-01-2005, 9:07 PM
That is great Dick! I love your chosen colors. Too bad you have to make 100 of them.:D Hey...I know!!...Get a really small tree this year.:rolleyes:

Doug Jones
11-02-2005, 2:48 AM
Dick, is there anything that you haven't tried to turn yet?
Every time I see a posting from you, its a different kind of round thing.:) :)
You keep turning and I keep enjoying looking at them.
Great work and like John H. said, "get a smaller tree this year"

Glenn Hodges
11-02-2005, 7:36 AM
Well, I can see you have finally learned to follow directions from your wife. Find something she likes and make it in the shop. Good job!

Dick Parr
11-02-2005, 8:02 AM
Thanks everyone for the comments. I only made this AFTER she informed me that this year we would be buying and putting up 3 ft tree:D But I had planned on doing some other type of turning instead of just bird house's the next two months.:(

This was fun to make and time flew while making it. The next ones won't be so bad now that have made all the jam chucks to turn these little things on.

Thanks again

Mark Cothren
11-02-2005, 8:51 AM
Very neat, Dick! When you get the tree up and decorated give us another picture!

Bruce Shiverdecker
11-02-2005, 10:16 AM
YA gone and done it now. Dick. Luckily LOML is off donin' her thing with the Linus Program (This is a national program where people make small quilts; about 4' X 5' for children who have gone through a tramatic experience like cancer, etc.) Since she's not here, she won't see that Purdy birdhouse ornament thingy, and havin' me make some. Busy enough right now, but I won't hijack your thread talkin' about it.

Lookin good Ornaments.

Bruce

Bill Stevener
11-02-2005, 10:22 AM
Hi Dick,
Great looking bird house ornament. Just wonderful little things to make. In the past, Gerri always asked, why do you save all of those scraps? I said, for when I run out of big pieces of wood, to make big things. This time of the year she starts asking, when are you going to start using up the scraps again.
The first time I turned one, I showed it to a neighbor, the only comment he had, was -- What-kind-a bird goes in that type of house?:eek: I just said ----- small ones.:confused:

Have fun, Bill.>>>>>>>>:)