PDA

View Full Version : LaserCut 5.3 Question

Michele Welch
10-04-2017, 3:08 PM
I had to have LaserCut reinstalled on my computer and now I'm having an issue when I send my job to the laser. From the very first time I used the software and laser I could place my substrate on the laser bed, move the laser head to the position where I place it, run my box so I know I'm where I need to be and then press go.

After install, I do the same steps, but when I run my box it goes all way back to the top right and then runs the box. I just want to be able to put the laser head exactly where I want it and it start from there. I'm sure there's an easy answer, but since I didn't set it up either time I don't know where to change it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks ya'll!!

Dave Sheldrake
10-05-2017, 7:39 AM
Little check box marked "Immediate" halfway down on the right side of the page on lasercut

Select that

Michele Welch
10-05-2017, 7:11 PM
Thanks Dave. I ticked that box, but it's still going to the upper right corner. I shut the software down and restarted it and the machine too. Any other suggestions???

Kev Williams
10-05-2017, 7:31 PM
I decided to see if I could download LC-5.3, which I did-- demo mode only, but MAN-- this is one sparce program! But I did find, hopefully, what you're looking for--
I put the red arrow next to the button labeled 'set knife origin'-- I set the dialog box setting to "Relative to Selection", which I THINK is what you want :)

Michele Welch
10-05-2017, 10:00 PM
Thanks Kev, I'm going to try that. Hopefully it will work!!!

I decided to see if I could download LC-5.3, which I did-- demo mode only, but MAN-- this is one sparce program! But I did find, hopefully, what you're looking for--
I put the red arrow next to the button labeled 'set knife origin'-- I set the dialog box setting to "Relative to Selection", which I THINK is what you want :)

Bill George
10-06-2017, 7:58 AM
On my Chinese software I just use the arrow keys to position the head, and press Origin on the keypad. The selection Kev pointed out sets the location in the software relative (for all jobs) to the Origin you set as above.

alan corder
10-06-2017, 8:04 AM
Don't know of this helps.

If you are placing the material on the bed and want to start the laser in a specific position, you need to set the laser origin both on LaserCut and on the laser itself.

1. Go to LaserCut and open your file. Set the Laser Origin in Laser>>Set Laser Origin>> For this article, lets use upper left.

2. Make sure your immediate box is checked when you download the file.

3. After you download the file, go to the menu screen on the laser. Make sure nothing is selected by hitting the escape (esc) button. Move the arrows until the laser is in the spot you want it to be. If you picked upper left - make sure the red dot is set to the upper left of your project. Hit the enter button 3 times until it asks you the question Set Laser origin? Hit the enter button again to select.

4. To test if this is the proper placement - hit the test button. The laser will run a box around the file dimensions. If you need to adjust - repeat step 3 until it is in the proper place.

5. Now you can run your file by pressing the start button.

Kev Williams
10-06-2017, 4:43 PM
just as an aside, I don't know how you guys just place material somewhere on the table and run with it? Me, I have to have a specific starting point defined beforehand. My Western machines make that easy having solid tables with top and left ruler bars. The Triumph, I use several sets of spacers, mostly scrap Romark that I have the laser cut, that way my corners and edges are squared to the laser. The beauty is that I never have to find the location of the part, or any location ON the part (assuming if I have a print with dims), as every part goes in the machine in the same place and all dims originate from there...

Bert Kemp
10-07-2017, 12:17 AM
that what I do Kev just place material on table arrow my red dot to starting point and hit start