PDA

View Full Version : Jointer/Planer combo owners - what do you use for lube?

Dan Forman
10-04-2017, 12:43 AM
What do you use to lube the round posts that support the planer table? My MiniMax has two, one large in the center, and one smaller. Mine need to be cleaned and lubed, but I'm not sure what to use, was wondering about a teflon spray or some other dry lubricant (not silicon) that would not attract wood dust. Thanks,

Dan

Derek Cohen
10-04-2017, 1:33 AM
Renaissance wax.

Regards from Perth

Derek

John Lanciani
10-04-2017, 5:14 AM
I use SlipIt.

Curt Harms
10-04-2017, 6:36 AM
I haven't lubed my planer table post yet. I've had good results with the DuPont 'teflon' spray so would probably use that or wax.

Rod Sheridan
10-04-2017, 8:16 AM
What do you use to lube the round posts that support the planer table? My MiniMax has two, one large in the center, and one smaller. Mine need to be cleaned and lubed, but I'm not sure what to use, was wondering about a teflon spray or some other dry lubricant (not silicon) that would not attract wood dust. Thanks,

Dan

I use grease, as specified by Hammer for my machine. What does MiniMax specify?

For lubricating the table so the wood slides more easily, I use paste wax..........Regards, Rod.

Prashun Patel
10-04-2017, 8:47 AM
I use a block of parraffin to color the tables and posts.

Bill Dufour
10-04-2017, 9:41 AM
Do not use silicone as it may contaminate the wood and cause finishing problems. I use dry graphite powder in alchol.
Bill

Dan Forman
10-04-2017, 11:15 AM
Wow, a pretty wide range of responses! MiniMax has surprisingly little detail in their manual on specific maintenance procedures. Seems to some sort of grease on the pillars now, but it hardened in places, needs to cleaned and refreshed. I have a couple of cans of spray teflon dry lubricant, think I'll give that a try first, after a good mineral spirits cleanup.

Dan