PDA

View Full Version : CWI Woodworking Technologies 10" cabinet saw?

William Lang Jr
10-02-2017, 9:17 PM
I am new member to this site so hello all.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience or ever heard of a company called CWI Woodworking Technologies. The reason I'm asking is I've been looking to purchase a table saw on a budget and came across CWI Woodworking Technologies that offered a saw they call the Stallion Mdl CWI-T1002that has the features of a cabinet saw (cabinet mounted trunnions) but with a 1.5HP 110V motor. The smaller 110 volts models I've looked at such as Grizzly and Shopfox are a hybrid design that have the trunnions mounted to the table rather then the cabinet. In addition they also have a 5 year warranty compared to a 1 or 2 year from other manufactures. It looks very similar in design to the Grizzly and Shop Fox models with the exception of having the trunnions mounted to the cabinet which I would prefer. I wouldn't be surprised if they are made in the same factory. All in all it appears to be a good value for the price but would like to hear your thoughts. Here is the link if anyone is interested http://www.cwimachinery.com/product/stallion-left-tilt-stallion-table-saw/

I would be interested in hearing your opinions.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

Bill

Frederick Skelly
10-02-2017, 9:31 PM
Interesting saw Bill. Look forward to hearing what some of our more knowledgable folks think.

And welcome to SMC. Glad to have you join us!
Some time you should tell us a bit about yourself - what you like to build, etc.

Best regards,
Fred

Mike Kees
10-04-2017, 12:44 PM
Bill CWI is a Canadian based company. They have stores across Canada. i have looked at the saw you are talking about at Canadian woodworker in Calgary Ab. Their product is imported from around the world and sold under their brand names. At the Calgary store the employees know their product well,and overall I dont think there would be any issues of the company standing behind their products. Hope this helps,good luck in your decisions.Mike.