PDA

View Full Version : Amentee Nook Scale

Mark Blatter
10-02-2017, 8:20 PM
Anyone ever use or see one of these?

I have several uses for it if it does what they say. I have ordered one and supposed to be delivered in about ten days.

Jim Becker
10-03-2017, 2:27 PM
I've been seeing incessant ad videos for that on Facebook lately...please be sure to give us a good review once you receive and use yours. It's certainly an interesting an seemingly adaptive tool!

Mike Cutler
10-03-2017, 2:41 PM
Mark

they're anywhere from $10-$12 dollars up to about $30.00. Home Depot has them. When I was in geometry class in high school, a zillion years ago, the teacher had one, much larger, at the front of the class.
Yes, it does what they say it does. I have one somewhere in a box that I used to do tile, and to scribe the ends of the individual flooring boards, when we installed some flooring.
I would take with a grain of salt that it is a accurate as they imply it is. It's good for "gross" line transfers, (Tile and flooring don't have to be exact due to trim molding) but I wouldn't try to build cabinets with one. The individual "legs" of mine weren't straight out of the box. It's only plastic.
If you need to transfer lines, angles, they're good.

Bill Dufour
10-03-2017, 9:45 PM
I have seen pictures of older ones that were used to make 3D models from topomaps.
Bill D.

Mark Blatter
10-03-2017, 10:11 PM
Mark

they're anywhere from $10-$12 dollars up to about $30.00. Home Depot has them. When I was in geometry class in high school, a zillion years ago, the teacher had one, much larger, at the front of the class.
Yes, it does what they say it does. I have one somewhere in a box that I used to do tile, and to scribe the ends of the individual flooring boards, when we installed some flooring.
I would take with a grain of salt that it is a accurate as they imply it is. It's good for "gross" line transfers, (Tile and flooring don't have to be exact due to trim molding) but I wouldn't try to build cabinets with one. The individual "legs" of mine weren't straight out of the box. It's only plastic.
If you need to transfer lines, angles, they're good.

Putting in flooring is just what I plan on using it for. Just started doing some VCT and LVT and going around door frames and other obstructions can be really time consuming. Thanks for you thoughts.