PDA

View Full Version : Dust Deputy

Michael Weber
10-01-2017, 12:28 AM
How would A dust deputy or equivalent perform on household dust and debris if installed inline before a homes central vacuum cleaner? I have an older non-cyclonic whole house vacuum and the filter has to be cleaned pretty often to maintain suction. Is household dust too small for one to be effective? I did do a google search but all the discussions were about using one on a central vac as a saw dust collector. I'm not wanting to do that. Thanks

Rich Engelhardt
10-01-2017, 6:53 AM
I bet it would pick up a lot of dog hair....

My wife insists on using one of our shop vacs to clean the living room. Maybe I'll drag the DD in from the garage and see.

Chris Irving
10-01-2017, 7:48 AM
I've got an old central vac that's connected to my shop with a dust separator in a cabinet I use it for the miter saw, small bandsaw and general shop cleaning. I empty the bucket every week or so and have never emptied the vac, I've checked it plenty of times and it just has a bit of fine dust in it, it works like a champ!

Julie Moriarty
10-01-2017, 8:51 AM
Michael, I think that's a great idea! The DD I own does an amazing job keeping debris out of the shop vac filter. The only down side is lugging the DD around with the shop vac. But installing it before the whole house vacuum seems a perfect use for the DD.

Matt Meiser
10-01-2017, 12:57 PM
Yeah, I bet hair would be an issue and it will be a little tricky to clean a DD out since the top isn't removable. We have a vac that has a little cyclone and when we had a dog it would build up pretty quick. Long hair from the women still does, just not as fast.

Michael Weber
10-01-2017, 7:24 PM
I don't have a dog or a cat. A wife is as much as I can handle and she doesn't shed too badly :) I was mainly concerned that after going to the work to install that household dust wouldn't be separated out of the air stream.

Stan Calow
10-03-2017, 11:14 AM
Michael, I have a DD in the shop. I too would wonder if the dust is too small and light to capture.

Rod Sheridan
10-03-2017, 12:33 PM
I use a DD at work for general vacuuming (It's ahead of a Festool CT26).

It separates out fine dust like concrete or drywall dust, as well as the general stuff on floors.

Regards, Rod.

Michael Weber
10-04-2017, 3:01 PM
I use a DD at work for general vacuuming (It's ahead of a Festool CT26).

It separates out fine dust like concrete or drywall dust, as well as the general stuff on floors.

Regards, Rod.��Thanks everyone I'm going to give it a try