PDA

View Full Version : Jet Tablesaw JTAS -10-1 -used- Buy this one??

Marc Jeske
09-30-2017, 11:28 PM
<p>
Please see link at bottom before answering ...</p>
<p>
&nbsp;</p>
<p>
I did some quick archive searching, but askin to confirm anyway..</p>
<p>
This is RIGHT tilt, yes?</p>
<p>
I am used to left tilt, so is this bad?</p>
<p>
&nbsp;</p>
<p>
I do not know for sure yet if 3ph or single ph.. yet to preview..but somewhere I read these ONLY came as 230 1 ph.</p>
<p>
True or false?</p>
<p>
&nbsp;</p>
<p>
May be a model w riving knife, photos don&#39;t show....OR.. the older ones w this model # I read possibly NOT have knives?&nbsp;</p>
<p>
If no factory RK, able to add aftermarket possible on this specific model?</p>
<p>
&nbsp;</p>
<p>
Coming from a &quot;Door/window&quot; shop at old lumberyard. Was in use.</p>
<p>
I really won&#39;t be able to have my onsite scout Guy pull the belt to feel motor/arbor bearings...Probably ok, but have to chance that.</p>
<p>
Just turn the blade by hand and &quot;feel&quot; if &quot;smooth&quot; ?</p>
<p>
Will actuate tilt/height wheels to check that also.</p>
<p>
Lastly, what would you Folks consider a fair price range if this was on open market, like Clist, based on the info above and the link photos? I&#39;m guessing $7-9 ? if functioning &quot;OK&quot; ?</p>
<p>
I would ceiling my bid wayy less, but want to know market realistic price.</p>
<p>
Thank you all, need answers to all above by close of Sunday eve, 10/1.&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Marc</p>
<p>
http://www.hoffonlineauctions.net/cgi-bin/mnlist.cgi?hoff14/146/1</p>

Marc Jeske
09-30-2017, 11:39 PM
Sorry, I really need to figure out this stupid wysiwog or whatever editor computer crap problem. Marc

Cary Falk
10-01-2017, 8:59 AM
Please see link at bottom before answering ..

I did some quick archive searching, but askin to confirm anyway..
This is RIGHT tilt, yes?
I am used to left tilt, so is this bad?
I do not know for sure yet if 3ph or single ph.. yet to preview..but somewhere I read these ONLY came as 230 1 ph.
True or false?
May be a model w riving knife, photos don't show....OR.. the older ones w this model # I read possibly NOT have knives?
If no factory RK, able to add aftermarket possible on this specific model?
Coming from a "Door/window" shop at old lumberyard. Was in use.
I really won't be able to have my onsite scout Guy pull the belt to feel motor/arbor bearings...Probably ok, but have to chance that.
Just turn the blade by hand and "feel" if "smooth"
Will actuate tilt/height wheels to check that also.
Lastly, what would you Folks consider a fair price range if this was on open market, like Clist, based on the info above and the link photos? I'm guessing $7-9 ? if functioning "OK" ?
I would ceiling my bid wayy less, but want to know market realistic price.
Thank you all, need answers to all above by close of Sunday eve, 10/1.
Marc

http://www.hoffonlineauctions.net/cgi-bin/mnlist.cgi?hoff14/146/1

I will say it looks like it was road hard and put away wet, Since it came out of a shop it probably was. I would replace the bearings anyway. They probably never were. It is a right tilt, This is not bad in my opinion. There are ways to get around the "unsafe" things if you do a lot of bevel ripping. The add says single phase. I don't think that model came with a riving knife. Throat plate kind of confirms that, There are several splitters available but a true riving knife is not an option. I think my top dollar would be $600 but I don't know what the market is like in your area.

Marc Jeske
10-01-2017, 10:29 AM
How I missed that "single phase" I have nooo idear.

OK Folks, need some more opinions pleezz. Thank you all, Marc

Yonak Hawkins
10-01-2017, 11:27 AM
I have had a JTAS-10XL for several years and have been happy with it. Regarding the right tilt / left tilt issue, it depends, of course, on whether you are right- or left-handed. A person could get used to anything but, for myself, I use my saw enough that it would pose a frustration for me to have the blade hidden behind the fence when ripping a bevel or to have to do it cross-handed. It is, in the end, a matter of personal preference.

Ray Newman
10-01-2017, 10:57 PM
Agree with Cary Falk.

Marc Jeske
10-01-2017, 11:09 PM
If I were to "flip" this, would the fact that it has NO Riving knife affect ability to use in Commercial insured OSHA type shops? Marc