PDA

View Full Version : An Awesome View...

Raymond Fries
09-30-2017, 9:15 PM
I would love to go and experience this next year.

https://nexusnewsfeed.com/article/climate-ecology/tree-mendous-the-stunning-plans-for-an-elevated-walk-through-one-of-denmark-s-preserved-forests

Michael Weber
10-01-2017, 12:04 AM
Man, just looking at that triggered my vertigo.

Pat Barry
10-01-2017, 7:33 AM
That might be the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. Ludicrous concept. I hope the artist's conception is the end of this monstrosity.

Frederick Skelly
10-01-2017, 9:49 AM
I'd walk that tower if I were in the vicinity. I do think it's out of place with the suroundings - doesn't blend well at all, IMO - especially since they claim it's a historic site. But it would be interesting to see and experience.

One part that concerns me is the capacity. If I read it right, it can handle 10,000 people at once. I don't know how many you could really expect at a time (after the newness wears off), but I think walking a "nature trail" with a ton of people would diminish the experience for me. (YMMV)

But it's definitely interesting. Thanks for posting it Ray!
Fred

Mike Chance in Iowa
10-01-2017, 11:54 PM
There is a part of me that says "That's not a way to walk out in the forest. Get on the ground and experience it." There is a bigger part of me that says this is amazing. Look how many people young and old that are physically unable to walk on the ground through a forest that will now be able to experience the joys of getting out around nature. They'll be able to see the birds flying around in the branches and see critters and deer walking around down below.

Wayne Lomman
10-02-2017, 1:52 AM
This is a concept that allows hitherto impossible access to forests. In Tasmania we have one at Tahune that is steel (painted part by yours truly) and therefore very slender compared to this one. There is also one in the Otway Ranges in Victoria and another in New South Wales. Don't bag out the concept if you haven't experienced it. It is without parallel. Those with vertigo exempt of course. Cheers

Pat Barry
10-02-2017, 7:34 AM
The whole concept reminds me of these lyrics:
Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends
We're so glad you could attend
Come inside! Come inside!
There behind a glass is a real blade of grass
be careful as you pass.
Move along! Move along!

Read more: Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Karn Evil 9 Lyrics | MetroLyrics

(http://www.metrolyrics.com/karn-evil-9-lyrics-emerson-lake-palmer.html#ixzz4uLjZuA3w)

Frederick Skelly
10-02-2017, 7:52 AM
The whole concept reminds me of these lyrics:
Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends
We're so glad you could attend
Come inside! Come inside!
There behind a glass is a real blade of grass
be careful as you pass.
Move along! Move along!

Read more: Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Karn Evil 9 Lyrics | MetroLyrics

(http://www.metrolyrics.com/karn-evil-9-lyrics-emerson-lake-palmer.html#ixzz4uLjZuA3w)

Pat, you're showing your age if you remember E, L & P. :D :D :D

Art Mann
10-02-2017, 10:35 PM
You can experience something like that climbing the ramp to the observation deck on Clingman's Dome in the Smokey Mountain National Park.