PDA

View Full Version : Mirka Systainer

marty fretheim
09-30-2017, 9:26 AM
I was looking for a hand sanding block with dust collection and didn't like festool prices. The Mirka looks very similar and much cheaper. I found a company called Supergrit. If you buy the block and the 3/4" x12' hose they give you a free Systainer 2 and you can buy the sys 2's for $35 bucks each. I bought 3 of the systainers and some abranet rolls also. $25 shipping. The Mirka block is not sized for festool paper so may not work for some people. The price for the systainers is hard to beat though!

I don't work for Supergrit just thought I'd share. Cheapest I've seen for sys 2's.

Jamie Buxton
09-30-2017, 10:53 AM
If you're going to the trouble to get out your dust collector, you're presumably doing serious sanding, not just a light swipe or two. So why would you choose to do that with a hand sander, not a powered sander?

marty fretheim
09-30-2017, 1:25 PM
The dust collector is a festool CT36 and it is already out from the powered sanding, in fact it's always "out". I've found that sometimes I need to hand sand. Trust me, I wish I didn't. This post was about the good price on the systainers. I thought maybe others would benefit from the info.

Matt Day
09-30-2017, 3:35 PM
Thanks for posting Marty, I hope others can benefit as you did.