PDA

View Full Version : triumph 30watt questions

ian mcfarland
09-30-2017, 1:26 AM
Where are the settings to cyle the direction the laser cuts.

So it cuts top to bottom on one pass then left to right and then repeats?

I cannot figure it out.

Also what settings are you using?? aluminum - steel?

any way to get the red marking laser to show an output of the engraving?

Kev Williams
09-30-2017, 2:30 AM
much easier than trying to explain is to lead you to some good reading :)

http://www.frontlaser.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/EZCAD-2.7.6-Software-Manual.pdf << EZcad software manual---

https://www.needham-coding.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2016/10/TYKMA-Laser-Marking-Manual-REV214.pdf << this is a good reference for fiber engraving in general, and lists various settings for various materials...

John Lifer
09-30-2017, 10:27 AM
http://www.permanentmarking.com/wp-content/uploads/TYKMA-Laser-Marking-Manual-REV214.pdf

Tykma manual has a lot of settings may have to lower power, I think was based on 20 watt machine. Read manual. And do search for fiber lot of stuff here and there on this site. To change the type of hatch, click repeatedly on little square icon on right of hatch area. Can hatch three different ways if all three are enabled. Get some scrap and play with it for about 20 hours ☺☺

John Lifer
09-30-2017, 10:36 AM
Oh and check contour @t the very bottom of the screen next to parameters to get outline. Make sure to do square check to insure measurements are correct, manual has best procedure. And check your red dot for correct focus. Easy to bump in shipping, uncrating and setup.

ian mcfarland
09-30-2017, 6:02 PM
how do you check that?

Also still wondering how to get the laser to cut using different directions on each pass?

read the book no help.

Bill George
10-01-2017, 10:02 AM
how do you check that?

Also still wondering how to get the laser to cut using different directions on each pass?

read the book no help.
Already? Before I got my machine and after I spent a Lot of time on here Searching and reading plus copy and paste to a document file I could print out. I am assuming this is a fiber laser but you did not say, and your first ever laser engraver. Its a learning process.

John Lifer
10-01-2017, 1:56 PM
Page 17, with object selected, click on hatch the big H, then where you see type, click on image to rotate thru the types of hatches. Put in angle and laser will use that to determine starting angle.

ian mcfarland
10-01-2017, 8:20 PM
which corel draw do you guy use?

I was looking at buying 2017

Bill George
10-01-2017, 9:02 PM
which corel draw do you guy use?

I was looking at buying 2017

I am using X6 some are on X7 or even 8 but not happy with the last one.

Kev Williams
10-01-2017, 10:06 PM
I use x3 and x4 ... I like x4 just fine, but when importing DXF's, the text comes in left justified on the text centerline, but with x3 all text comes in perfectly. Don't know why on either account...

My BIL uses x6 and he raves about it all the time. Me, x4 does everything I want. The only thing I could ask for is for the program to work FASTER. Newer versions are typically slower because they hog more resources. And the pretty much 8x more powerful computer I just bought didn't speed up Corel one single bit. It LOADS faster, but beyond that, it runs just as fast on my 11 year old 1-core XP E-machine.

If you're a graphics artist, more than x4 would probably be helpful.
But if you're like me and just whittle everything down to black and white or outlines... ;)

John Lifer
10-02-2017, 9:22 AM
Really not much good has been said about latest version. I use X7 and it works.

ian mcfarland
10-02-2017, 2:32 PM
I can get either for 100.00 being my daughter is a student

what is it you do not like about the latest version?

ian mcfarland
10-02-2017, 2:38 PM
on the demo of 2017 you can use X6 setup to make it mimic X6 tools setup.

Tony Lenkic
10-02-2017, 3:01 PM
I use X3 and X6.

Now that we are on subject, what size is preview window on X7 and X8.
Wish it would be larger on X6.

Kev Williams
10-02-2017, 4:08 PM
I would assume the small preview window is the same height as the print driver 'box' like all the others, but also like all the others, there's likely a full-screen preview button at the bottom left corner of the driver...

Mike Null
10-02-2017, 5:38 PM
I use X5 but also have X7 loaded. There are some shortcomings with the student versions. Check them out before you buy.