PDA

View Full Version : Taking Artistic License

Jim Koepke
09-29-2017, 2:54 AM
How would one go about getting all of those plates?

jtk

Mike Kreinhop
09-29-2017, 4:22 AM
Here's one source, and the webpage has similar plates in the image you provided. At $95 each, this will be an expensive display.

https://www.licenseplates.tv/usa-state-plates.html

I think this display would be better if the plates were organized in the order that the states became part of USA rather than alphabetically.

Here's another site that is half the price:

https://www.autoplates.com/custom-state-embossed-metal-license-plate

Yonak Hawkins
09-29-2017, 10:22 PM
I think this display would be better if the plates were organized in the order that the states became part of USA rather than alphabetically.

I would also suggest putting them in the shape of the stars on the flag, but then I noticed Washington, D.C., throwing a wrench into that particular gear.

Mel Fulks
09-29-2017, 10:30 PM
Traditionaly the plates take the form of the roof leaks on the privy.

Dan Bundy
09-30-2017, 8:34 AM
If you read them closely, they are the preamble of the Declaration of Independence. "We the People of the United States ..." Pretty cool. Reordering them alphabetically, or to create the flag, would mess that up.

Keith Outten
09-30-2017, 3:25 PM
If your goal is to collect a complete set of license plates, one from each state you might be able to do it here. I have a variety of Virginia plates and would be happy to send you one of mine or exchange one with you if that would work. Use the Classifieds Forum if you plan to ask for Members to help you out.

If you had to pay 50 bucks for each plate the total price would be a bit steep :)

Mike Kreinhop
09-30-2017, 5:42 PM
If you read them closely, they are the preamble of the Declaration of Independence. "We the People of the United States ..." Pretty cool. Reordering them alphabetically, or to create the flag, would mess that up.

It was obvious to me that the plates were the preamble, and also that they were custom ordered and not random finds. It would be easy to purchase a set of fifty plates alphabetical order starting with Alaska, or order of entry starting with Delaware. I would have used the order of entry.

Mel Fulks
09-30-2017, 9:46 PM
I missed the preamble arrangement. Thanks for pointing that out, would never have occurred to me.

John K Jordan
09-30-2017, 10:03 PM
"We the people" caught my eye right away. As I read through I started to wonder if these were real plates collected from real vehicles, some looked too conveniently contrived - what person would buy a "NGS OF" vanity plate? The explanation of custom license plates made to order made more sense!

Of course, if something like this was wanted just for a photo I've used Photoshop for decades...

JKJ