PDA

View Full Version : Ridgid R4512 - Front trunnion stuck

Joey Stephenson
09-28-2017, 9:55 PM
I am adjusting everything on my new R4512, and the rear trunnion was off by about 12 thousandths. So I opened the cabinet, loosened the rear trunnion bolts, and very slightly loosened the front (harder to get to) trunnion bolts. When I did this, the front trunnion shifted towards the motor side by nearly 2mm and now it absolutley will not budge back. The rear trunnion slides around easily. Am I not getting enough leverege on the front trunnion to move it, or have others had this problem? I have heard others say the front trunnion wont budge, but not that it shifted first and then wouldnt budge! This tells me it can at least move a little bit, but I can't figure out how. The rear trunnion doesnt have enough play to align with this new position of the front trunnion. Really dont want to have to tip this thing over again...

EDIT: I just ended up flipping it over, taking the legs off, and then I was able to get the front trunnion to move. Got it somewhere around 6-7 thousandths (I think... using digital calipers). What a P.I.T.A.